Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€90 for Faux Leather boots

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Better to get leather because then your feet will be able to breathe.

To be honest I saw those on the Schuh website and went in to their shop on O Connell St. to see them. I think they look lovely, but in person I thought they felt pretty thin/flimsy and the inside of the foot just didn't seem winter-proof. I'd say they'd get pretty cold while also keeping your feet sweaty (not good!), but then again I tend to put my shoes through quite a lot.

You've seen them in the flesh too, so I'd say you know yourself what you want from them and how you think they'd do, but I personally wouldn't spend more than 60 on a pair of shoes unless I thought they were comfortable and durable (which I've only ever found with leather).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭fits

ha twould be worse if they were stella McCartney.

Faux leather often looks bad and is uncomfortable to wear. Save a bit more for a better pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Don't do it....I bought blowfish boots like that and they barely lasted 1 season. The top layer peeled off both shoes in massive patches on the toes. Waste of money....dissapointing as the style I loved so much....

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

€90 is crazy money for synthetic shoes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Blowfish shoes are quite poor quality in general I find.

I bought a fab pair of cork wedge sandals - the sole came off the sandal on the first day of my hols leaving me with one pair of flip flops to wear! I returned them to ASOS and the same thing happened with the replacement.

Have read similar comments on other shoes on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I think it's too much for faux leather, but Office/Schuh have a lot of faux leather boots around that price. I'd rather spend a little bit more and get a decent pair of boots.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

ams wrote: »
    Blowfish shoes are quite poor quality in general I find.

I bought a fab pair of cork wedge sandals - the sole came off the sandal on the first day of my hols leaving me with one pair of flip flops to wear! I returned them to ASOS and the same thing happened with the replacement.

Have read similar comments on other shoes on amazon.

I'd agree about Blowfish, far too overpriced for the quality. I have one ankle pair and they're not great.
    You can get real leather boots for about €130, just shop around. I saw an amazing pair of leather boots, knee high, flat, in black & brown designed by Amy Huberman for about €160. They were in a local boutique in Tralee, but her boots should be available nationwide. Just shows you can get good quality leather boots for a little more. I made the mistake of getting faux leather knee high wedged boots last year and they don't keep my feet warm, plus they haven't kept as well as leather boots I have. Definitely spend a bit more for quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

These aren't really the same style as what the OP posted but I bought these last year on sale for €50, now it seems they're down to €30, complete bargain! Real leather, keep my feet really warm and dry and have lasted perfectly since I got them. Just figured I'd post since they're such a good price!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Polka_Dot wrote: »
    These aren't really the same style as what the OP posted but I bought these last year on sale for €50, now it seems they're down to €30, complete bargain! Real leather, keep my feet really warm and dry and have lasted perfectly since I got them. Just figured I'd post since they're such a good price!

gosh they're fab!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

I bought evans boots recently and a complete disaster they were pu leather,i didnt realise this meant false leather..Should have called them poo leather then i would have been a little more suspicious..

The wording is what gets me..

Anyway to make a long story short the pvc wore and little tears started to appear on them and they werent durable made my feet sweat terrible..

And i went to the shoe repair guy and he said he couldnt repair the pvc as it wasnt stretchable like leather was..

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

To be honest, unless you're buying purely for fashion, or you're on a real budget, it's never worth buying synthetic. Buy real leather, as much as possible.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If you are buying synthetic boots , and want them to last forever make sure it is a good quality material like Vegetan Micro which are breathable and so on. Or if it is just a case of them looking good buy any aul thing as long as it's not too expensive. If you love the boots 90e is not exactly breaking the bank for a boot and just get them

I'm thinking of getting these for ~90 also and are not leather.

Mens2_1.jpg

work-boot---cherlsea---45.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Polka_Dot wrote: »

What width are they around the calf do you know?

Advertisement