Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€90 instead of €520 for a course of 6 one-hour Hypoxi treatments

• 30-07-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

Link

Has anyone tried this? Does it work? I've already bought a microdermabrasion treatment for €25 from the same site. Will have to burn my cc at this rate.

Thanks for any comments :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

2 friends bought it yesterday. Ive no idea if it works but they love all that stuff. One friend rang today to book her appts, said they were very friendly and helpful on the phone. You get a consult with a nutritionist also. For €90 i would give it a go...€520 thats madness and id be sick spending that money if it didnt work.

Some great deals on that website over the last while in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nra84

I bought this CityDeal and when I rang the clinic to redeem my voucher they very rudely told me they would not be honouring it as they "couldn't go on with it"!

To be frank, I would not trust any establishment that enters in to offering such a deal before working out whether they can actually deliver it! What does it say about their business practices? And it makes me suspicious of other deals I see on CityDeal.ie too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Really? That's shocking, Have you contacted citydeal?

One of my friends was also told the same during the week. Apparently the owner is selling up and moving to Wexford and said Citydeal hadnt given her the money. To be fair to Citydeal ive bought a good few things recently and all have been honoured. I think the fault lies with the Hypoxi practice as i was also told the woman was quite rude on the phone also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

oh no this is terrible! I bought it too, i had only emailed asking for an appointment and never heard anything back. f they are not honouring it when are e getting funds back to our cards? Have they given any reason why they will not honour it. Surely they have to honour it as they have charged us?

• Advertisement

slowmoe wrote: »
    oh no this is terrible! I bought it too, i had only emailed asking for an appointment and never heard anything back. f they are not honouring it when are e getting funds back to our cards? Have they given any reason why they will not honour it. Surely they have to honour it as they have charged us?
    You'll have to ask Citydeal for the refund as theyre the middle men in the transaction. Their terms and conditions do state you're entitled to a refund if the deal doesnt go ahead. Poor form on the Hypoxi crowd imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

FFS! I bought this and was really looking forward to it. Knew I should have gone sooner rather than later. If I got onto consumer rights or something would they have to honour it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Has anyone heard any update? Citydeal has deleted all the comments about the hypoxi on their facebook page. There were only a few but it looks like there is something to hide when they are deleting them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sunhera

nra84 wrote: »
    I bought this CityDeal and when I rang the clinic to redeem my voucher they very rudely told me they would not be honouring it as they "couldn't go on with it"!

To be frank, I would not trust any establishment that enters in to offering such a deal before working out whether they can actually deliver it! What does it say about their business practices? And it makes me suspicious of other deals I see on CityDeal.ie too.

We have been forced to closed the hypoxiclinic by hypoxi austria and hypoxi ireland the reason was we offer the city deal to people and they
    turn off our machines and terminate the contract we have no problem to honour people vouchers but we been restricted and they want us to charge 900 euro for 12 sessions which is not possible for people to pay in recession so there was no point to continue the clinic when we are not allowed to continue our bussiness with freedom and give people a chance to try on city deal and see how this therapy works for them and generate the bussiness obviously if you been so much troubled and harraseed and pay legal fees you not going to run this type of negative busssiness thats why hypoxiclinic is been closed.also we have informed city deal few weeks ago and ask them to send e mail to all customer and explained who bought the voucher and refund there money back so its up to city deal to give refunds because we have not taken any money from any one.and we did not had any one contact information because city deal have that. i hope that answer all people questions. thanks:(

sunhera wrote: »
    We have been forced to closed the hypoxiclinic by hypoxi austria and hypoxi ireland the reason was we offer the city deal to people s:(
    Sunhera your post is very hard to decipher. To be honest, the reports ive heard back from my friend about her experience with the 5/6 sessions she managed to get were nothing but atrocious. The person running it didnt turn up for her 6th session.She said she turned up at the clinics door to find it locked up. She also had awful reports too about the person in charge (rude,pass remarkable, didnt perform the nutritional plan or body measurements..).The person apparently laughed and said this treatment wasnt suitable for "people under a certain weight" i.e thin people as it would have no effect. My friend said there was 0 effect after 5 sessions.She was disgusted with the whole thing.

On ringing Citydeal they said they were trying to find another Clinic (theres one in Sandyford,not that hard to find) but because she'd technically redeemed her vouchers they wouldnt give her a refund but just her 6th session. No point doing 1 on its own weeks later.

• Advertisement

Grawns wrote: »
    Link

Has anyone tried this? Does it work? I've already bought a microdermabrasion treatment for €25 from the same site. Will have to burn my cc at this rate.

Thanks for any comments :)

well hypoxi therapy is not for thin people any way and it is targeted wt loss so if your friend is thin she in first place not try to loose any wt, nutrition advice and measurements was done on there first visit, and clinic is open untill 9 am to 9 pm so not possibl that it was closed but diffferent people will have different oppinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

The post is really hard to understand. I bought the deal on citydeal also and haven't received anything to tell me whats going on from hypoxi or citydeal. I emailed hypoxi but did not receive an answer. Does anybody know what the situation is

oohlala wrote: »
    The post is really hard to understand. I bought the deal on citydeal also and haven't received anything to tell me whats going on from hypoxi or citydeal. I emailed hypoxi but did not receive an answer. Does anybody know what the situation is

you can email city deal and get your voucher refund from them , you paid the money to city deal not hypoxi .thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I got this email yesterday...
    Dear Valued Customer,

Hypoxi Clinic deal update

We have an important update for those of you who purchased the Hypoxi Clinic deal in Dublin on 29th July 2010 and 30th July 2010. We are aware that you’ve been experiencing difficulty when trying to redeem your voucher, but we would like to assure you that we are trying our best to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We hope to have a solution for you by the end of next week and would appreciate it if you could bear with us until then.

We are extremely sorry about the inconvenience caused by this delay and are striving to keep your waiting time for a resolution to a minimum. We appreciate your patience and understanding and we will update you as soon as we have resolved this issue for you.

In the meantime, please visit www.citydeal.ie to see what exciting deal is on offer in Dublin today!

Kind regards,

The Customer Service Team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭oohlala

any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

hi guys
    i actually bought this and made my six appointments - anyone else make appointments? first one is meant to be near end of sept.

so what do i do?

irishneady wrote: »
    hi guys
    i actually bought this and made my six appointments - anyone else make appointments? first one is meant to be near end of sept.

so what do i do?
    Contact Citydeal they should either be arranging new appts at a different clinic or refund your money. That particular clinic has definitely closed down.

Advertisement