Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Squad 100 man tactical FPS

Options
  • 06-04-2015 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

From the makers of Project Reality:
    "Squad is an online, team-based military themed first-person-shooter where high levels of teamwork and communication are crucial to success."

"Built from the ground up in the Unreal Engine 4, Squad pits teams of up to 50 players against each other in white knuckle modern day combined-arms combat scenarios, with both conventional and unconventional forces."

"The players dictate how the scenarios unfold with base-building and interactive environments, intuitive squad command and management tools and large-scale warfare where strategy and leadership are just as important as a quick trigger finger."

On Steam Greenlight

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=402654862&searchtext=squad

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Custom Painting

wow it looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

New trailer and pre purchase options.

http://joinsquad.com/prepurchase

December 15th it arrives on Steam. This could be the greatest video game ever made.

Its exceptionally good and hard......really fcuking hard. Its like all your swat3/ravenshield xmases coming together at the same time.
    PRESS RELEASE PREVIEW

Squad: Steam Release Date Announced for December

The future of large scale tactical shooters is rolling out for the holidays

New York -- 9:00 AM November 21, 2015 - Offworld Industries LTD confirmed today that their debut game Squad, the Kickstarter backed 100 player tactical FPS, will release on Steam Early Access on December 15th, 2015. Â

As of Midnight PST November 30th 2015, the developers are ending pre-purchasing of the Squad Leader tier and the end of the Founders program with associated limited edition perks.  Currently available at joinsquad.com/prepurchase as a Founders “Squad Leader†Package with the following perks on Steam:

* Founder Patch in-game on your soldier (Delivery date TBD)
    * Founder Tag in the Community Forums
    * Exclusive Alternate Weapon Skins (AK74 and M4)
    * Digital copy of the Squad soundtrack
    * In-game name in Credits

For early birds, current pre-purchase price for a Steam Early Access key is US $30 until November 30th, and can be also found at joinsquad.com/prepurchase . Â The Release Price on Steam will be US $39.99 and available to buy on December 15th, 2015.

With the launch of Steam Early Access there will be two new maps revealed, a 16km^2 map based on a real world location in Afghanistan, and a firing range/close quarter combat training map for rehabilitation of gamers who are unaccustomed to proper tactical squad based CQB gaming, as well as two new factions, Russia Ground Forces and irregular Militia. Â This will bring the day one Early Access game to a total of four factions, five maps across two real world conflict zones, and four game modes.

* Advance and Secure. Â A single or multi latticed conventional vs conventional objective based game mode where base building and supplying bases are secondary objetives allowing full use of the dozen plus kits available in game.
    * Conquest. An objective based game where conventional and irregular forces vy for control of all objectives simultaneously, presenting scenarios experienced in the river valleys of current conflict zones where irregular forces flow like water around conventional force troop aggregations.
    * Insurgency.  A Conventional vs Insurgent game mode where conventional forces take mechanized infantry patrols into territory to search and destroy Insurgent weapon caches.  Insurgents are given broad leeway to use guerilla tactics to eliminate the conventional forces’ reinforcements.
    * Territory control. Â A Conventional vs Conventional or Conventional vs Insurgent battle where the conventional forces have to apply boots on the ground to secure total control of the terrain and towns, one square meter at a time.

Today we also reveal the first song from the soundtrack of the game “Lost Squad†by Scott Tobin.  The song will first be seen in the streaming and highlight reels from the inaugural clan vs clan tournament beginning on Dec 5th, a tournament that will grow to include dozens of Founder communities who pledged to support the development team as Squad moves into Early Access and beyond.  Music written, composed and performed by Scott Tobin at http://www.scotttobin.net[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Problems with games like this is the playerbase, who can typically expect a faster paced CoD style game, and then label it ****, totally unwarranted. Myth starts to form and the game doesn't get the traction it deserves.

Arma II was one of the best squad based shooters I've ever played. I played with friends who I also did MilSim with in airsoft, so there was an immediate understanding of patience and being careful and doing it properly. We would happily spend an hour on recon, four hours for a mission etc. Doing it properly. And its been some of the most exciting and immersive experiences I've had.

I'd very much like it to succeed, but with a pre-purchase option, and the objective of the game. I'm skeptical.

• Advertisement

This is out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Anyone pick this up?

Yeah its very hard and rough around the edges.

No major bugs as such but needs polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Just bought it. Will be giving it a go as soon as the kids gone to bed/

This is out today on full access.

Thought there was another thread for it tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

any good as I see I have it in my account?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

This wasn't able to drag me away from Arma back when it was in EA. Reinstalling it now and I'll give it another go.

Its a lot different from 2015, has vehicles now.

Impossible to solo play tho you need to be in a squad and hope to dear god the SL knows what he is doing.

Advertisement