Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lash serums

Options
  • 08-08-2020 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here tried some lash serums? I really love the idea of having natural long thick eyelashes but some of the Amazon reviews seem too good to be true!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Has anyone here tried some lash serums? I really love the idea of having natural long thick eyelashes but some of the Amazon reviews seem too good to be true!

I use Revitalash on my brows and literally just swipe the excess onto my lashes afterwards and I've actually had to stop doing that as they're now up past my eyebrows. I've never seen anything like it.

It's v. pricey but 100% worth it if you want great natural lashes. Also, probably still cheaper than getting extensions on the reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I use Revitalash on my brows and literally just swipe the excess onto my lashes afterwards and I've actually had to stop doing that as they're now up past my eyebrows. I've never seen anything like it.

It's v. pricey but 100% worth it if you want great natural lashes. Also, probably still cheaper than getting extensions on the reg.

Wow, that sounds incredible! I'm gonna give it a go. Did it do much for your brows?

Yeah, I have regrowth in places that hadn't seen a hair since my teens. I'll always have to fill them in when I've make-up on but I'm much happier with them in their natural state.

I actually ended up buying iglow in the end, I'll update here on my results in a couple months in case anyone is interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Kerry25x wrote: »
    I actually ended up buying iglow in the end, I'll update here on my results in a couple months in case anyone is interested!

Please do! Iglow seems to be mentioned a lot in for this purpose but I've been really interested to see if it's a scam or not. The reason I'm afraid it's a scam is because a lot of people I see on the internet passionately believe that castor oil makes your eyelashes grow. There is no active ingredient or mechanism by which this oil would cause eyelash growth, and no proven effect from it other than anecdotes. And yet it is continually recommended all over the internet. If things like this so easily dupe so many people it makes me uneasy spending money on other trends like this that might well turn out to be a more expensive means of parting the gullible from their money !

• Advertisement

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Please do! Iglow seems to be mentioned a lot in for this purpose but I've been really interested to see if it's a scam or not. The reason I'm afraid it's a scam is because a lot of people I see on the internet passionately believe that castor oil makes your eyelashes grow. There is no active ingredient or mechanism by which this oil would cause eyelash growth, and no proven effect from it other than anecdotes. And yet it is continually recommended all over the internet. If things like this so easily dupe so many people it makes me uneasy spending money on other trends like this that might well turn out to be a more expensive means of parting the gullible from their money !

Will do, still waiting on my delivery now but have my before photos taken! Iglow has a money back gaurentee which is what convinced me to go for it. I have very short lashes and I really don't like eyelash extensions so even a small improvement will make it worthwhile for me, I'm not expecting to be someone who can grow eyelashes up to my eyebrows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I think I must have a fake revitalash. Did my research and thought I had found a reputable seller but using it around 3 wks now and no difference!
    How long it it take you guys to see results? Do you use it once or twice a day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

https://www.buzzfeed.com/natalyalobanova/i-tried-to-make-my-eyelashes-longer-with-this-very

I'm definitely going to try the castor oil - you can get with an empty mascara tube on Amazon so would make application easy or you could use a cotton bud

I think I must have a fake revitalash. Did my research and thought I had found a reputable seller but using it around 3 wks now and no difference!

Did you buy from Amazon? I see some of the recent reviews are saying they got fakes. I'd stick with it anyway, 3 weeks isn't that long!

ams wrote: »
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/natalyalobanova/i-tried-to-make-my-eyelashes-longer-with-this-very

I'm definitely going to try the castor oil - you can get with an empty mascara tube on Amazon so would make application easy or you could use a cotton bud

I watched a YouTube video of a girl who did this same experiment recently (not with Revitalash though) and she felt the castor oil worked just as well as the serum. I found it hard to see a difference in her before and after photos though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CdtDzhjpsds&t=668s

Please let us know how you get on with the castor oil! Would be great if it worked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

its on route so will post back in a couple of mths!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

My friend is a beautician and she started using a lash serum a few months ago, she said it definitely made a difference. I don't know what brand she used, I will try and find out.

How long it it take you guys to see results? Do you use it once or twice a day?

I use it once a day. I can't remember how long it took before I started seeing results but it was a few weeks. Stick with it and hopefully you'll notice a difference soon.

I started using iglow on the 1st September so it's been almost 4 full weeks now and I think my lashes might be a tiny bit longer, I don't notice any difference without makeup but I think they look longer with mascara on now than they did before. Hoping that I'll see more of a difference in the next month..

***Edited to add, just took some photos now to compare to my before photos and actually think there's a pretty clear difference! I really wish I'd taken better before photos, I hadn't totally removed my makeup and I still had one lash extension clinging on but you can still see the difference. Fingers crossed they'll keep getting longer now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

I have used these on and off for a few years now. Some work and others don't. The best I used was the Jan Marini one and Talika. The Jan Marini one was the best and this is in a similar price range to Revitalash so maybe the more expensive ones are more effective. The Talika one also worked but not as dramatic.

I also got two others through Amazon - Etude house and Paul and Jo (I think that's what is was called). Both a complete waste of time and money, made little to no difference. I also used a more expensive one called Rapidlash which was useless but again got it on Amazon so may have been a fake.

You do need to to give them a month plus to work though with twice daily application to see a significant difference.

Interestingly, I read these lash growth serums came about by accident as excessive lash growth was a side effect seen in people using eye drops to treat glaucoma. I suppose it is down to how much active and the quality of that active when adding to the eyelash serums.

Yeah, the difference is whether or not there's actually any active ingredient or not. As mentioned, Revitalash came about as an unintended side effect of a medical treatment, it is literally clinically and medically proven to affect the phases of hair growth.

Castor oil and other lash serums don't contain any active ingredients, they're basically conditioners. They may improve the condition and appearance of lashes but they quite literally don't work on a chemical level in the same way Revitalash does.

It's like comparing Nioxin to a thickening "effect" shampoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

given up on revitalash. Put it on at night for 3 or 4 days and whites of me eyes were starting to be bloodshot in daytime hours. will try the natural solutions mentioned above

Hi all, just wanted to update on my experience using iGlow! Used it almost everyday (did miss a few) for just over 2 months and definitely saw an increase in length, nothing mind-blowing but definitely very noticeable to me! However, over the past few weeks I've developed a twitch in my right eye, I don't know for sure if its the serum causing it but thats my gut feeling and it bothers me enough that I've decided to stop using it. Just wanted to share my experience for anyone who's considering trying it!

Advertisement