Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-11-2019, 08:12   #1
will56

Photoshop Laptop

Hi,
Looking for recommendations for a laptop thats main use will be editing photos with photoshop.
Some light browsing as well but 99% of the usage will be image editing.

I currently use an i7 4770 with 16gb RAM in my home desktop but need a laptop for portability, and getting some edits done when travelling.

Budget is €300-400, so happy to buy second hand.

Any recommendations ?
Advertisement
12-11-2019, 16:22   #2
Alanstrainor

Quote:
Originally Posted by will56 View Post
Hi,
Looking for recommendations for a laptop thats main use will be editing photos with photoshop.
Some light browsing as well but 99% of the usage will be image editing.

I currently use an i7 4770 with 16gb RAM in my home desktop but need a laptop for portability, and getting some edits done when travelling.

Budget is €300-400, so happy to buy second hand.

Any recommendations ?
At that budget you might struggle a small bit.

It all depends on what you need to do in photoshop really. If it's relatively light work then I'd say you'll be okay. I just found this and it's a steal for the money:

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing...98867-pdt.html

Probably the best CPU you'll get for that money, and 256gb SSD too. The only drawback is the lack of RAM. But this is common at this price point. It does seem that it is possible to upgrade this yourself if you're handy with a screwdriver.

Drawbacks for all machines in this price range are screen quality. It is generally bad, with poor enough colour reproduction which will be a problem editing photos. But at your budget you just won't get a quality screen imo.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion