Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-11-2019, 23:42   #1
Paddy223

Bleach and urine mixed together..

I left my cousin to mind my car for a few days and reminded him to let him out twice a day which he failed to do. I have now returned to apartment tonight to find the stench of stale urine under my bed. I apply some bleach on it to try and Mask the smell but little did I realize that Ammonia and bleach creates Chlorine gas. There is no other real space for me to sleep in the apartment apart from my small room. I have opened the windows as well. So will I be safe enough if I sleep the night with the windows opened well??
Advertisement
13-11-2019, 23:51   #2
Paddy223

Meant to
14-11-2019, 00:06   #3
irishgrover

It was a cat, wasn't it....took me a while
(2) thanks from:
14-11-2019, 00:52   #4
riffmongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy223 View Post
I left my cousin to mind my car for a few days and reminded him to let him out twice a day which he failed to do. I have now returned to apartment tonight to find the stench of stale urine under my bed. I apply some bleach on it to try and Mask the smell but little did I realize that Ammonia and bleach creates Chlorine gas. There is no other real space for me to sleep in the apartment apart from my small room. I have opened the windows as well. So will I be safe enough if I sleep the night with the windows opened well??
Not going to tell you what to do OP. But, did you notice any irritation after applying the bleach?
15-11-2019, 22:16   #5
CramCycle
A wholly unreasonable man

Leave the windows open, dry out the carpet, close the window and go to sleep.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion