Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashbourne - Vodafone Gigabit drop outs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nr3

I had the first two at similar times to you on Thursday, then one at around 22:04 on Thursday and none since.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

Drop today Tuesday @ 11:38

snap.

But that's the only one since Thursday which is so much better than it was before.

I will continue to post for the next while, purely to check/confirm that it is not isolated to my home......as they keep claiming.

Drops Today
    04:31
    07:42

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

big reduction in drops here but today was a sh1tshow. hoping back to good connection soon

Things seem to have gone off the rails again.
    Drops yesterday at :-
    00:22
    11:57
    Today at :-
    02:03
    06:51

agreed, this weekend was shocking, seems to be massive issues all over though according to downdetector. Placing a call tomorrow as this is not what i am paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Loads of downtime. Getting so bad that when it drops, i need to restart the modem.They tried everything in voda support. They are sending me a new modem and if it keeps happening, i can cancel my contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I’m in Ashbourne with Vodafone gigabit and get 2-3 drop outs every day. The second led along the bottom of the router will flash and all WiFi devices lose connection. Speeds today are really sh1t. Last night Vodafone tv went to sh1t too just before 11pm. A channel would start and after about 5 seconds would stop.

How to I view what drop outs I’ve had. Would love to know how many I actually get. I notice 2-3 but I’m out most of the day!!!

Really annoyed with it.

Anyone having slow speeds tonight?

• Advertisement

No drops since Wednesday ��

Don't want to tempt fate, but mines been grand too.

same for me

Lads what’s your speeds like? On an iPhone 6 WiFi I used to get 240Mbps and the last week I’m getting 50. Also in the last week if I’m not in the exact same room as the Gigabox then lucky to get 10Mbps. Even on 5ghz.

I have an LG smart tv in the back room that a few weeks ago got 190ish on 5ghz now gets 6-8Mbps

I’ve rebooted Gigabox and tried other channels. Put it back in auto channels for both frequencies but still very slow outside the sitting room.
    Vodafone say they can see full speed their side so it’s not their end!!!

I’ve even changed the ssid So that everything disconnects and then test with just the one device on the network but still the same!!! Cable from the siro box to the Gigabox is a Cat 6.

That could just be wifi issues - try a reboot of the access point/gigabox to see if it'll pick some different frequencies.

You need to try it on a ethernet cable and a laptop/desktop.

A quick wired test there got me 695 down and 181 up. Not quite the 1gb but still alright.

nr3 wrote: »
    That could just be wifi issues - try a reboot of the access point/gigabox to see if it'll pick some different frequencies.

You need to try it on a ethernet cable and a laptop/desktop.

A quick wired test there got me 695 down and 181 up. Not quite the 1gb but still alright.

Since day one I have only ever got a max speed of about 250Mbps wired using cat 6. Thy said it may be my laptop. I have two laptops. Both are gigabit Ethernet enabled and both max ever wired at 250.

Most wired tests were 150-160. Funny thing is that the upload was consistent. Always 180-190. They couldn’t explain why I can max out the upload and get a slower download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

Struggling to get past 20Mb download speed. Ethernet from PC to router 1m away. And on everyones phones. Split the SSIDs. Moved to no busy channels. Struggling to stream on two devices in HD. Connection drops regularly. Any ideas? Gonna cancel if it cant be improved.

same here - on Cat5 less than 50 mg DL - Logging another call tomorrow.

My speed was decent yesterday but gone to crap again today. Can’t be a coincidence, 4 phones, 2 fire sticks, 2 smart TVs and 2 laptops. Very very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have SIRO down in Tralee and the last week has been very frustrating. Can't stream anything in HD without stuttering, when I download a game from Steam(CAT6 wired to the box). I get good speeds but the connecting cuts outs 3-4 times

• Advertisement

My download had been approx 650Mbs and upload 193Mbs.
    Since the dropouts have stopped the upload is still 193Mbs, but download has reduced and is now variable between 50Mbs and 320Mbs.
    It looks like they may be winding down the speed to prevent dropouts.

I’m getting so annoyed with this. Smart tv 2 feet from Gigabox getting 2Mbps tonight after a factory reset and a reboot of the ONT and the Gigabox.
    iPhone 8ft from Gigabox getting 20Mbps. Tv is back room getting 5Mbps.

It’s not even a genuine 5Mbps because nothing at all will stream.

What the hell can I do?

After being on hold for 15 mins to tech support i spoke to a guy who said there is an open issue in my area that effects speed. I was told this two weeks ago too. he said he can't see when it started and doesnt know when it wil be fixed but they are working on it. I lost the plot on the phone saying how long is reasonable to have no info other than there is an issue? should I expect another day, a week, a few months. Told him I will ask ComReg. He then said as a temp solution if I go to a vodafone shop and buy a MiFi mobile hotspot they will refund the purchase price and will apply credit till it is resolved. I am going to do this today to see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Just wondering did these issues resolve themselves? I'm looking at getting vodafone installed on monday and now wondering if better to pay the extra for digiweb - i'm in ratoath. thanks.

Since about December 22nd the speed has been restored and is consistent. In my case download approx 850 Mbs and upload 193 Mbs (measured in my office-not at the ONT)
    The dropouts have almost disappeared....about 1 per week for a few seconds.
    After 6 months, it is behaving as advertised. This info is from Ashbourne.

freddy99 wrote: »
    Since about December 22nd the speed has been restored and is consistent. In my case download approx 850 Mbs and upload 193 Mbs (measured in my office-not at the ONT)
    The dropouts have almost disappeared....about 1 per week for a few seconds.
    After 6 months, it is behaving as advertised. This info is from Ashbourne.

Wait what??? 850Mbps on WiFi? What type of device? I get max 250 wired using cat 6 on a laptop with Ethernet port.

jarvis wrote: »
    Wait what??? 850Mbps on WiFi? What type of device? I get max 250 wired using cat 6 on a laptop with Ethernet port.

Those numbers are ethernet speeds. My Wifi download is between 350 Mbs to 420 Mbs.

Been having trouble with poor WiFi since yesterday again. Anyone else in Ashbourne experiencing this?

I’m getting 800Mb down and 193Mb up (wired).....no dropouts. I had 2 random dropouts about 3 weeks ago (only for seconds). I have seen a lot of KN vans in the neighbourhood over the last few days though.

• Advertisement

The dropouts have started again in Ashbourne - or at least in my home.
    I have had 6 short dropouts in the past 24 hours.
    Anyone else with the same issue?

Advertisement