Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Of course anyone born in the latter part of the year is still seventeen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Of course anyone born in the latter part of the year is still seventeen.

Even though 2018 ended aaaaaaagesss ago?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That regiment of Chinese soldiers look A LOT like the terracotta army.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Trump vs ear of corn hairstyle

My, what a corny joke! :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Victor wrote: »
    Even though 2018 ended aaaaaaagesss ago?
    especially those born on the 29th of Feb

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    qA4LT42.png

Have they forgotten about Laika already? :(

Laika_%28Soviet_dog%29.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,842 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

New Home wrote: »

Laika_%28Soviet_dog%29.jpg

She was a commie Russian red dog. Doesn’t count in NASA

But she was a good dog. A GOOD DOG!! That's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Am I the only one who cannot see 1800 Ladladlad’s content?
    His posts are there but the post is always blank.
    What am I doing wrong?
    (I’m on an iPad btw)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

They don't appear for me on my phone, but are there on my PC, so it's probably the iPad that causes you not to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭wally79

You can’t see those type of links on iOS

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Cat

That's not cream!

There are several types of images that don't appear in different browsers from time to time.
    I edit some posts to separate the links out if they don't appear in firefox, but if they do show up OK for me there is no guarantee that they show up in all browsers.

This is why we encourage people to include the raw link when they embed images, just to give people an alternative way to see the images

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

There are several types of images that don't appear in different browsers from time to time.
    I edit some posts to separate the links out if they don't appear in firefox, but if they do show up OK for me there is no guarantee that they show up in all browsers.

This is why we encourage people to include the raw link when they embed images, just to give people an alternative way to see the images

But even his links don't work. :mad:

But even his links don't work. :mad:
    Posts with broken links should be reported, then we can remove them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

After placing Laika in the container and before closing the hatch, we kissed her nose and wished her bon voyage, knowing that she would not survive the flight.
    Gets me right in the feels. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Posts with broken links should be reported, then we can remove them.

The links aren't broken. the file type isn't viewable on mobile.
    If he provides the link, the file type doesn't change so it's still not viewable.

Sometimes they're not visible on a computer, either - it depends on the browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

boombang wrote: »
    IMG-20200725-235549.png

Ah, but Gibraltar isn't part of the British Isles....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Isle of Man..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭wally79

Russia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

521604.jpg

Not the Momma!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114195541&postcount=5774

27th? Did lockdown not start on 12th? Or 16th at the latest

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114195541&postcount=5774

27th? Did lockdown not start on 12th? Or 16th at the latest
    American meme!

I'm pretty sure it was later than that, my last day in the office was the 23rd and the "proper" lockdown started after that. An announcement was made on Paddy's day or the day before, though.

m17 wrote: »
    Jjw8YEi.jpg

"That's no moon."

Looks like an eclipse.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world"

• Advertisement

Flag flown on a Spanish ship at the battle of Trafalgar (1805)

https://www.funsubstance.com/uploads/preview/571/571670.jpg

Imagine if the wind caught that, it could really drive you off course...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

hvkpta3736e51.png
    Does that say "trifling bitch"? :pac: I hope it's an appropriate type of cake..

boombang wrote: »

Those are from former Benetton ad campaigns from the 80s-90s.

The photographer, Oliviero Toscani, was infamous for those. The message was that everyone is equal, they're supposed to be messages against racism and discrimination. Some of his images were quite strong, depicting people dying of AIDS and asylum seekers.

https://www.ecosia.org/images?q=oliviero+toscani+benetton

Jjw8YEi.jpg
    Looks like an eclipse.

521839.jpg

Imagine if the wind caught that, it could really drive you off course...
    Probably not as because it is a flag it will not have any steering ropes on it, it would slow you down that's for sure.

...of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,421 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm pretty sure it was later than that, my last day in the office was the 23rd and the "proper" lockdown started after that. An announcement was made on Paddy's day or the day before, though.

Announcement to close schools was 12th March, effective day after (Friday 13th). Lockdown itself happened a few weeks later, but a lot of people has already started the working from home gig by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭josip

Bootup wrote: »
    HKWoCQ2.jpg

A man was driving along the motorway when he noticed a chicken running alongside his car. He was amazed to see the chicken keeping up with him, as he was doing 60 mph. He accelerated to 70, and the chicken stayed right next to him. He sped up to 75 mph, but the chicken overtook him.

Then the man noticed that the chicken had four legs. So he followed the chicken, speeding all the way, and ended up at a farm. He got out of his car and saw that all the chickens on the farm had four legs.

When he spotted the farmer he asked him, "Where did you get these chickens?"

The farmer replied "Well, everybody likes chicken legs, so I bred a four-legged bird. I'm going to be a millionaire."

The man was impressed and asked him how they tasted. The farmer said, "Don't know, I haven't caught one yet."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

cpt midnight posts 10 pic, I can see 1

• Advertisement

apXOUbe.jpeg

:eek:

Are you sure you didn't want to post this on You Want You Lose? :pac:

Suckit wrote: »
    jxAqVTm.jpg

"Computer, end programme."

Let this 2020 shítstorm be finished with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Yester

astrofluff wrote: »
    "Computer, end programme."

Let this 2020 shítstorm be finished with.

Computer : Loading end of days programme.

7jGLxhbm.jpg

Zhuge Liang had 100 men to defend a town. And then an army of 150,000 shows up :eek:

Liang, recognising that the situation was hopeless, ordered his men to take down the flags, open the gates, and hide and disguise themselves as civilians. Liang himself then sat upon the wall of the town in a Tao robe and played a lute.

The opposing general, Sima Yi, recognised Liang and knew of his military and tactical capabilities. Seeing how calm Liang remained in the face of such a large force, Yi was certain that it was a trap and ordered a retreat.

Bonus :
    In 603 BC Chinese Chu warrior Xiong Yiliao stepped out in front of an invading army and started juggling 9 balls and the other army went away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

[QUOTE=alc[code]hemist33;114247210]Mildly NSFW

https://i.redd.it/1ucwxbmyikf51.jpg[/QUOTE]

Run piggy run!! :P

Update

He got the laptop back.

8C6TkBZ.jpg

Les-idees-marketing-anti-Covid-mars--9-F.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

587188.jpg
    tumblr_ndemmyz80D1spdt2jo7_500.gif

I am going to burn in hell for laughing at this.
    Suckit wrote: »
    s6LepsO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

astrofluff wrote: »
    I am going to burn in hell for laughing at this.

What am I missing? :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement