Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I express my feelings to someone else even though they are in a relationship

Options
  • 05-07-2020 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Have had a major crush on someone for over a year now.

During the lockdown I learned she had a new boyfriend, which kind of sucks.

Recently I learned they've made a major purchase (not a pet) which shocked me considering how they've been in a relationship for such a short time.

Should I express to them that I have a major crush on them? I seriously regret not making a move earlier.

I've tried to get them out of my head but nothing works. The fact that I never tried I think hurts me more than if I was rejected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

wonder1233 wrote: »
    Have had a major crush on someone for over a year now.

During the lockdown I learned she had a new boyfriend, which kind of sucks.

Recently I learned they've made a major purchase (not a pet) which shocked me considering how they've been in a relationship for such a short time.

Should I express to them that I have a major crush on them? I seriously regret not making a move earlier.

I've tried to get them out of my head but nothing works. The fact that I never tried I think hurts me more than if I was rejected.

No, leave her be. You left it too late, move on.

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

You've had over a year to tell her. You can wait a bit longer. If she breaks up with her boyfriend you can tell her then.

Why did you not tell her in the past year?
    And what makes you think now is the right time?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

You had ample time to tell her. Don’t go making your grand gesture now that she seems happy and committed with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Absolutely not. That is incredibly disrespectful to her and her partner and I’m not sure what you think can come from it. You had your chance and did nothing while she was single and she didn’t either so that might tell you how she sees you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Tork

No, don't say anything. If you do now, it'll just make things awkward for you both. All you can do is hope that this relationship comes to an end, then make your move. That last piece of advice comes with a health warning though. The relationship might never end and I don't think you should sit around forever waiting for that to happen. The other is that maybe she doesn't see you in the same way and that you've put her on a pedestal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement