Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluestone Wales - anyone been?

Options
  • 10-09-2019 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Has anyone visited Bluestone in Wales? It looks a bit like Centre Parcs but not as expensive. Would like some first-hand opinions if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭manshay

We stayed several years ago, when the newly built houses became available.
    They were very nice, though expensive at full price.
    We have stayed at centre parcs years ago, it seems very similar.
    The pool complex is very good, they are building an outdoor events dome at the moment which will allow more out door pursuits whatever the West Wales weather throws at us.
    There are many things to do onsite and lots to do off site too.

(My better half is from Carmarthen, just up the road so we holiday in the area a lot)
    My previous utterance on the area:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104378378

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Unshelved wrote: »
    Has anyone visited Bluestone in Wales? It looks a bit like Centre Parcs but not as expensive. Would like some first-hand opinions if possible.

Looks good but quite expensive in comparison to Haven sites. Close to Folly Fram which is a big plus if you have young children.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭manshay

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Looks good but quite expensive in comparison to Haven sites. Close to Folly Fram which is a big plus if you have young children.

Yes Bluestone is much more expensive than Haven but it is also much nicer. In Haven you'll stay in a mobile home but Bluestone has proper buildings.
    The pool complex at Bluestone is streets ahead of any Haven, when we visit our family in Wales we use the swimming pool as one of our days out.

I would prefer not to go on holiday rather than go to another Haven.
    Haven are pints of lager, fried breakfast Brexit holiday parks.

I have stayed at Haven Newquay and Kiln Park.

We mostly go to campsites in South Western France, so I'm not anti mobile homes or campsites, just anti Haven.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Many thanks for all the replies. Looks like it's right up our street!

Advertisement