Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I for one don't know if I can handle the mental stress of the play-offs anyways!
    tfer wrote: »
    I for one don't know if I can handle the mental stress of missing out on the play-offs !

I completely agree with both of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Going well today so far. 1-0 up v Preston approaching half time. And had a goal disallowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Going well today so far. 1-0 up v Preston approaching half time. And had a goal disallowed.

2 now.

Reading in a 7 goal thriller at ht.

Huddersfield losing as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This is better.

Typical to lose to reading who now are getting an absolute battering!

• Advertisement

Wtf is going on at Carrow Road? 6-1 at half time is ridiculous! Could be costly for Reading at the end of the season if they need to rely on goal difference.

Very happy with that result, especially with Reading and Huddersfield slipping up. Hopefully Newcastle can do the business against Wednesday and keep them from gaining any ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Fecking Wednesday, now we've to go and beat Newcastle as well.

Still positive result today, needed that after the two bouts of misery! Final push!

It's not that tight. Realistically Fulham is the only side that can catch up and they are 5 points off Leeds, albeit with a better goal difference. Readings goal difference is crazy, -1. Fulham have to play Norwich, Huddersfield and Wednesday away.

They'd love to be in Leeds' position...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Play off dates confirmed. Sat 13th at 5.30pm and Sunday 14th at 12 noon for the first leg (probably 3rd away vs 6th and then 4th away vs 5th in that order but not confirmed). 2nd legs on Tuesday and Wednesday at 7.45pm. 5th, although bad for having the 2nd leg away, would suit nicely in terms of getting over for the weekend without missing work.

• Advertisement

Surprising fact 1: Huddersfield aren't actually out of reach and have tricky games so 4th is still a real possibility.

Surprising fact 2: In 2 and a half weeks the (regular) season will be over! :eek:

*Facts may or may not be surprising to others that regularly check the championship table. .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭championc

6th may well be decided by Wednesday playing Fulham on the final day.

Hopefully we won't be going to Wigan that day needing points, especially if they got themselves to a point of potentially staying up.

Regarding the playoffs, i'd much prefer to meet Hudders in a once off final rather than a two legged affair

Fulham and Wednesday both won. Fulham, away to Norwich, were down 10 men for half the game. Norwich who hammered Reading 7-1 last time out. It's a mad league Ted, mad!

We could do with pulling off a surprise today but much better fixtures from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

One change to the line up, Bridcutt in for Vieira

Fulham and Wednesday both won. Fulham, away to Norwich, were down 10 men for half the game. Norwich who hammered Reading 7-1 last time out. It's a mad league Ted, mad!

Sounds like Hudds were given a dodgy enough peno too

Is Ayling a Newcastle fan?

That's been coming

Is Ayling a Newcastle fan?

He was certainly marked absent for that cross.:mad:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

BRILLIANT! That'll teach Shelvey et al to act the bollix :D

• Advertisement

Superb.

Great goal. And a precious point , after being very much 2nd best for that 2nd half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Well that was facking fantastic !!!! Good enough for shelvey

Cool as ice from Wood

Point robbed!!!

Delighted, auld Voldemort deserved every bit of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Fair play lads, as a Newcastle fan I have to say as sickened as I am, you defended with your lives tonight, Green was sensational.

Missed last 20 mins...what is the Shelvey stuff about?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

Effing brilliant finish, best defence in the league tonight

Newcastle had a few corners just before Leeds scored, and Shelvey and Mitrovitch kept the ball there. Time wasting

• Advertisement

Time wasting/being a bit of a tool about it. He got booked for not picking up the ball, but not studs to the head (although that's an insight to the ref).

What now with Pontus on 14 yellows...

Tactical yellow on Monday if we're winning?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

tfer wrote: »
    Newcastle had a few corners just before Leeds scored, and Shelvey and Mitrovitch kept the ball there. Time wasting

Wasn't just that, purposely stepped out of the the way of the ball when he was off the pitch to waste more time, got booked for it then sarcastically applauded the referee...and then dummied the next corner :rolleyes:

https://streamable.com/nrfp7

Watch it again and again and again and again....

Love Monk's reaction, he's usually so composed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Very lucky to come away with the draw. Newcastle completely took control of the match, but we had some superb defending going on and Green was immense.

I do struggle to understand why Hernandez remained on the pitch. His first touch was awful last night. Would rather have left on Pedrazza instead of Hernandez, who posed more of a threat when on.

Another annoyance regarding Sky commentary last night. Constantly going over the fact that Newcastle will be promoted on Monday if certain matches go their way. Unsure why they keep plugging this. They are a good distance away, and should easily be promoted over the next 2 games. But it was constant reminders that it could be done, if they won last night and Monday, and if hudds drop points.

iseegirls wrote: »
    I do struggle to understand why Hernandez remained on the pitch. His first touch was awful last night. Would rather have left on Pedrazza instead of Hernandez, who posed more of a threat when on.

Same, but for all his poor touches and misplaced passes, he's the most likely to create something. I'd have taken Roofe off too for being mostly anonymous in the second half :D

Doukara for Bridcutt seemed an odd call, especially since Phillips had just picked up a yellow, but I think it pushed Pablo into a deeper position, and of course there he was in the right place at the right time to pick up the ball and combine so well with Roofe for the equalizer.

• Advertisement

https://streamable.com/nrfp7

Watch it again and again and again and again....

Love Monk's reaction, he's usually so composed!

Watch Beattie in the background...

ffs were in 7th place now, all going horribly wrong:(

Never do it the easy way do they...

This is being periscoped btw, lad called ryjdelaney on Twitter

Edit: Not anymore, been reported apparently

Villa equalize, back up to 6th for the time being at least

Its hard to watch ssn, my nerves are shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Not a single result went our way. Bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

bye bye playoffs .. only thing that may save them is Fulham having Wednesday/Hudders away.. when it really mattered we weren't good enough - not a shot on target today either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

DoctaDee wrote: »
    bye bye playoffs .. only thing that may save them is Fulham having Wednesday/Hudders away.. when it really mattered we weren't good enough - not a shot on target today either

3 games to go level on points with Fulham, and 2 points off Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

We needed even a half decent April for a play off spot. So far 4 out of a possible 15 and with Fulham flying the signs aren't great but we might scrape a play off place :confused:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

3 games to go level on points with Fulham, and 2 points off Wednesday

Ah yeah I know the table says we're in there with a shout and don't get me wrong it would be great to make the playoffs - I just think they're not good enough and crucially have no impetus - 4/15 pts since beating Brighton. We live in hope - but it's another year in the FL is what my head says :(

So disappointing after the performance on Friday

Ups and downs eh?

Still lots of football to be played, regroup and move on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Play off dates confirmed. Sat 13th at 5.30pm and Sunday 14th at 12 noon for the first leg (probably 3rd away vs 6th and then 4th away vs 5th in that order but not confirmed). 2nd legs on Tuesday and Wednesday at 7.45pm. 5th, although bad for having the 2nd leg away, would suit nicely in terms of getting over for the weekend without missing work.

Counting our chickens a bit? Too many lacklustre performances and look where we are now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Absolutely sick, after an afternoon where every relevant result has gone totally wrong.

The beauty of it is, I think it's still in our own hands, as I'm covinced three wins will seal a play off spot. The reality though, as has been pointed out, is our recent poor run, but for me the signs are that the team bottled that huge match today - fantastic home record, and lose to a mid table team who have little to play for. It does not auger well.

Sick! :(

Edited to ask - when was the last time we were outside the play offs?

Ach, bad day, but a point last Friday was daylight robbery. Loads to play for, and with Fulham and Wednesday meeting on the last day it's still in Leeds' hands. Would rather they flop today and get a rollicking from Monk than flop in the playoffs. And even if they don't make it, it's been an outstanding effort by Monk.

On a side note, wouldn't like to see Forest relegated. Maybe it's because of my age, the history and the Clough factor etc. But in a strange way still regard Forest and Derby as Leeds real derbies, more so than Wednesday, Hull or other Yorkshire clubs.

Counting our chickens a bit? Too many lacklustre performances and look where we are now.

Still in our hands. 3 wins and we're in play offs. Pontus trying to get a yellow card when we're far from assured of top 6 seems mad when there's no one to take his spot.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement