Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Handset on Intercom

Options
  • 25-09-2020 4:43pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I can't hear the bell from my makeshift home office. Intercom is a fairly standard Comelit one.

There are 6 wires into the handset (I assume 2x gate, 2x mic, 2x speaker but thought there was usually a common neg). Can I tack on another handset (or even just a bell)?

Photo of the wiring:
    0s3aysxm.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Yes, you can indeed connect a second handset to it, just make sure it is the same model. Comelit also have a 2 wire range so be aware of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

As there are 7 terminals it is probably the 2602 handset - there should be a label on it somewhere with the model.

https://pro.comelitgroup.com/en-ie/product/2602

Just wire the new handset in parallel with the existing one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Got sorted thanks, it was a 2702W, I used some spare cat5 and wired it from the terminals on the 1st to the 2nd and works perfectly, no more. missed post and I can mute one if someone is sleeping in. Got it from orbitadigital.com in Spain as UK suppliers were looking for stupid money and nothing local came up in a search.

Advertisement