Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasses wearer question

Options
  • 21-09-2020 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,001 ✭✭✭✭

So I have signed up to my first Try-a-Tri next year in Athy. Cant really swim yet but I am sure I will learn :)

Question is around glass wearers.

For my running, I always wear contacts and then sunglasses, same when cycling. Have never done so when I've been in a pool, just been content to be half blind in the water.

Has anyone wore contacts when swimming in a tri and if so, what are a good set of goggles to keep the water out?

If not, can anyone recommend some good prescription lenses. Bear in mind I would have to wear them to the transition area and then change to sunglasses with a prescription insert (I have them, just dont wear them much)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

event wrote: »
    So I have signed up to my first Try-a-Tri next year in Athy. Cant really swim yet but I am sure I will learn :)

Question is around glass wearers.

For my running, I always wear contacts and then sunglasses, same when cycling. Have never done so when I've been in a pool, just been content to be half blind in the water.

Has anyone wore contacts when swimming in a tri and if so, what are a good set of goggles to keep the water out?

If not, can anyone recommend some good prescription lenses. Bear in mind I would have to wear them to the transition area and then change to sunglasses with a prescription insert (I have them, just dont wear them much)

Cheers
    If you search this forum a similar question was asked not that long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I wear contacts swimming. Never been a problem. Goggles are very subjective, though. You may have to try several pairs to find a good fit for you.
    Cheap-as-chips Speedo goggles you get anywhere seem to fit me fine, I've apparantly got a very generic head...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dickidy

hi,
    i wear contacts for racing and prescription googles for pool and sea swims.
    i will always have my sports presciption glasses in T1 In case my contacts become loose for fall out.
    I got my googles from specsavours fro 50 odd euro but and have lasted me 8 years, although they need to be changed now.

Advertisement