Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What T V series from the 90s would you like to see be redone again?

• 26-09-2020 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,299 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

For me its Seaquest DSV.

I think even now there is still plenty of potential for a show on s big super advanced peaceful supermarine exploring the 95 per cent of the oceans that we still know nothing about. Lots of potential for some great stories if done write and with decent writers too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

space-precinct-the-complete-series.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Seaquest was brilliant.

I'd also like to see a reboot of Space: Above and Beyond or Sliders

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

DC7665-BF-F7-C3-4-DA7-A114-6-CA1-F01-D3-C0-E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ren and Stimpy.

Ren and Stimpy.

I hated that show when I was a kid but have thoroughly enjoyed re-watching it as an adult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

A live-action Battle of the PLanets (it's a bt earlier than the 90s though, admittedly).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Airwolf for me .

Even had the best theme tune ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'd like a reboot of the original Big Brother back when they had a variety of normal people and not 20 something glamour models and himbos.

Wouldn't mind an up to date Footballers Wives either. It was trashy and cheesy and didn't take itself seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Ekerot

Ed Edd n Eddy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Simpsons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Gatling wrote: »
    Airwolf for me .

Even had the best theme tune ever

Do, do do do do, do, do do, do, do, do, do, do, do do!

Probably skipped some do's there.. .. .. going off on memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I just want a streaming service to get Dream Team.

Animaniacs. Actually just leave it untouched. Perfect for its era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Mailbag

https://youtu.be/oqUYurybBXY

Give a platform (other than Boards) to the people who hate RTÉ but just won’t stop watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,173 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Ultraviolet, Channel 4 mini-series from the late 1990s starring Jack Davenport, Stephen Moyer and Idris Elba.
    Approached vampires (or 'Code Vs') from an X-Files type perspective.
    Only 6 episodes... though it had great potential.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,809 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

DC7665-BF-F7-C3-4-DA7-A114-6-CA1-F01-D3-C0-E.jpg

No thanks, The great Eddy Wally died in 2016. I couldn’t see that show now, without the greatness, of Eddy Wally who died back in ‘16... :( RIP

tenor.gif

I'm in two minds about mentioning Bablyon 5... I loved it but it was a troubled production at times, cast member changes etc
    Would be curious to see what a new generation would do with the Vorlons, Shadows, Minbari, Centauri, Narn et al

I have good news for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Night rider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,809 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Night rider.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/knight_rider_2008

Did it in 2008 and it flopped big time. Hasslehoff wasn’t involved. The new car looked meh... the acting beyond hammy, storylines laughable... only lasted a few episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

The West Wing. I know I'm pushing it with the time frame as the first season started in 99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Strumms wrote: »

Did it in 2008 and it flopped big time. Hasslehoff wasn’t involved. The new car looked meh... the acting beyond hammy, storylines laughable... only lasted a few episodes.

Car looks ****e alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Theres new Animaniacs coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

This Life
    Seinfeld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Euro 96 but Ireland qualify

Glenroe..

Euro 96 but Ireland qualify

Euro 96 for the craic but on field I suggest Euro 92 :)

Strumms wrote: »

Cars that transformed from muscle cars to pickup trucks and back again

• Advertisement

Battlestar Galactica got a fairly decent reboot , apparently it's getting another reboot next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭thomil

Battlestar Galactica got a fairly decent reboot , apparently it's getting another reboot next year

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I thankfully cannot remember the 90's very much.

I know though that I had a great time, it was a blast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Not too sure that I'd like to see any TV shows from the past resurrected tbh. When they do try, they usually make a balls of it. They've tried necromancy on 'The Twilight Zone' since the 80's and it's been awful each time, including the latest. 'Battlestar Galactica' wasn't as great as some people like to suggest either. There are numerous shows you could point to as examples of failed reboots.

But, in any case, if you actually look back at a lot (an awful lot) of TV shows of the past they just aren't as good as you remember them. 'Knightrider', 'Streethawk', 'Airwrolf', 'The A Team' (I can't think of any 90's TV shows ATM), they're all pretty terrible, and if made today they would last a single series.

I spose if there's one I had to choose, it would be 'Ulysses 31' (yeh, it's the 80's I know). But done completely straighfaced. That means no No-No or other annoying crap.

Oh, and 'Moviedrome'. It's not a TV show, but it was indispensable to me growing up. Simply don't understand why something like that hasn't been repeated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Cheating a little....

MT USA only with Vincent Hanley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

American Gothic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,733 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

thomil wrote: »
    All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again...

So say we all!!

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Cars that transformed from muscle cars to pickup trucks and back again

The taped over badges on the Chevrolet Suburbans was taking Ford's sponsorship a bit toofar

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Same for Pinky and the Brain.

But let's agree never to talk about Elmira ever again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Ultraviolet, Channel 4 mini-series from the late 1990s starring Jack Davenport, Stephen Moyer and Idris Elba.
    Approached vampires (or 'Code Vs') from an X-Files type perspective.
    Only 6 episodes... though it had great potential.
    Great series. I'd forgotten Idris was in it.

You'd have to rename it though. The film of the same name was one of the first Blu-Ray I bought. In a charity shop for 50c or something. To test a player. I tried to watch it and gave up shortly afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I dont think there any for me as they very rarely live up to the nostalgic charm of the originals. Loved Crystal Maze, Krypton Factor, the Word, Game on and many more back in the day. Vids on Ch4 was great but it was of its time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭AllForIt

A live-action Battle of the PLanets (it's a bt earlier than the 90s though, admittedly).

That's so weird, I was just reminiscing about that only this week and watching clips of it on youtube. Transmute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭AllForIt

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'd like a reboot of the original Big Brother back when they had a variety of normal people and not 20 something glamour models and himbos.

I loved the first series. Everything after that was completely s**t. I met nasty Nick though work around that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Brass Eye. People even couldn't handle it back then. I'm sure a new version would make a few spines shatter or dissolve into a fragrant pink mucus of nothingness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭Acosta

cian68 wrote: »
    I just want a streaming service to get Dream Team.

Not sure if it's all there, but a load of it is in YouTube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Not sure but would be great to see quantum leap with Sam beckett appearing after all this time. He leaps into some one after all these years, the programme has closed down as he hasn't appeared in the guts of nearly 30 years. They think he had died. Ré open the programme to try and rescue him. Could be class. Same characters in it I know Dean stockwell is really old but could have him in the 1st few episodes trying to explain the passage of time etc. to Sam beckett and what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Psychlops

The best tv show there ever was, if you dont fall in love with helicopters after watching this I feel sorry for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Seaquest was brilliant.

I'd also like to see a reboot of Space: Above and Beyond or Sliders

loved Space Above and Beyond, from my recollection its main problem was it was so expensive to make. Not sure if 90's or a few years out but Firefly series (movie serenity) was also a favorite.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I'm in two minds about mentioning Bablyon 5... I loved it but it was a troubled production at times, cast member changes etc
    Would be curious to see what a new generation would do with the Vorlons, Shadows, Minbari, Centauri, Narn et al
    There's been a good few Star Trek series and they are very variable. DS9 took a lot from B5. I didn't like Voyager only 7 of 9 and the doctor had character development and how many shuttles did they go through ? Enterprise was better. I gave up on Discovery half way through series 2. It's even worse on Prime Directive when it suits the plot than Voyager. Haven't seen Pickard.

JMS owns the rights to films and Warner owns the TV ones.
    https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a855453/babylon-5-revival-wont-ever-happen-j-michael-straczynski/

https://twitter.com/straczynski/status/987498062053425152

Might just dig out the big old box set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The tasmanian devil was good craic back in the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement