Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing

Options
  • 28-02-2020 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

We are setting up a business importing goods from Africa & I'm trying to get my head round customs & import procedures. As this is the first time I have done anything like this I'm finding it all a bit daunting! Does anyone know of a good site that gives clear step by step instructions on how to proceed with this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

worthyone wrote: »
    We are setting up a business importing goods from Africa & I'm trying to get my head round customs & import procedures. As this is the first time I have done anything like this I'm finding it all a bit daunting! Does anyone know of a good site that gives clear step by step instructions on how to proceed with this.

Thanks.

What are the products and what relationship do you have with the suppliers in Africa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

get a good customs agent. They will do all the work for you and advise you.

They do it day in day out and the cost is relatively small compared to the headaches and time you would spend on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 clivethejive

I have a good bit of experience here if you need help.
    But to be honest I would import from anywhere before Africa , lot of red tape that I just found never worth the hassle...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MyTax Ireland

worthyone wrote: »

Thanks.

Hi,

From a compliance perspective, you'll need to pay VAT on import into EU. This can be claimed back (if you are VAT registered).

Custom duties are also due depending on the product. Enter destination and type of product and it will you a custom tariff. I can't post links but just google "EU Taric".

Thanks,
    My-tax.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭quinney123

Sorry, no promoting your business allowed. You can however, PM the poster directly and offer your services.

The Gloomster!

• Advertisement
Advertisement