Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tottenham Hotspur vs Arsenal 4:30pm Sunday

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Good win. West Ham up next, keep this run going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Tune in to Arsenal fan TV tonight lads .. Be gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

As an Arsenal fan, I congratulate spurs on their season.
    They might finish 20 points ahead of Arsenal by the end.
    Some going.

There's quite a few decent Arsenal fans out there. Let's enjoy the moment, but no need to rub it in.

I've supported Tottenham for the last 50 years (beat Chelsea 2-1 in the cup final my first season!) and this is the best team we have had (and the best manager, with the possible exception of Bill Nicholson) in those 50 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well done on the win today lads enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

Warm up shirts next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,491 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hope you go and catch Chelsea now.
    Well done Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Chelsea weren't too pleased with Arsenal today
    1ac268f99e058b2de5237263afc40968.png
    woohoo_zpsylfqf9vj.gifwoohoo_zpsylfqf9vj.gifwoohoo_zpsylfqf9vj.gifwoohoo_zpsylfqf9vj.gif

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hanwellian

We were at the game yesterday. To say this was one of the best N.L.D games ever is in my opinion is totally founded.

It had all the elements to be so before the game even began.

Spurs going for the title, penultimate game at WHL, last N.L.D. game at WHL, Spurs playing superbly this year.

Spurs were superb, created chances, should have score 2 or 3 more, limited Arse to very few chances. Arse totally outclassed in every area, Giroud and Ozil were very poor, Monreal moaning all game long. As for their 'fans', not a peep from them- They know how poor they have become.

The atmosphere and non stop singing and chanting was unreal, I thought the game against Bournemouth had a special atmosphere, this was off the scale.

Nice to see so many coming over for the game, a good few on our flight in and out of Cork .

COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kiith wrote:
    Fantastic win today. Dier was a bit sloppy at times, but everyone else played well. Wanyama was MOTD for me. Had one or two misplaced passes, but his overall work was fantastic. Don't think Chelsea will drop any points, but it's brilliant to see that we have the strength to keep the challenge up. We really outplayed them today, and i couldn't be happier.

Wanyama was a beast, especially on the 2nd half. If only he had another dimension to his attacking side of his game. He goes past players and then has to stop and look up before passing backwards or sideways. Still, I wouldn't swap him for anyone else in the league in that DCM role.

Hanwellian wrote:
    The atmosphere and non stop singing and chanting was unreal, I thought the game against Bournemouth had a special atmosphere, this was off the scale.

It looked and sounded electric in the live broadcast. Sorry I missed the motd highlights now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hanwellian

IMO if there is a 'weak link' in the team at present, I would say it is Dier. Have never really been impressed by him, had a few goodish games last year- can't see what he really brings to the party.

Pleased that Trippier beginning to get games, he will make a good replacement for Walker ( as it seems more likely he won't be around soon ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Hanwellian wrote: »
    IMO if there is a 'weak link' in the team at present, I would say it is Dier. Have never really been impressed by him, had a few goodish games last year- can't see what he really brings to the party.

Pleased that Trippier beginning to get games, he will make a good replacement for Walker ( as it seems more likely he won't be around soon ).

Most of the pundits don't agree with you on Dier. His ability to shift from defensive to midfield, is one of the main reasons we can switch thro the different systems we play. It was because of his ability that Wanyama was more offensive yesterday than he normally is. I think he had a poor start to the year with a drop in confidence, because he was thrown into defence due to the injuries. But at some point Poch got him back to his normal self and he has shown again . Two crucial goals in recent weeks as well. Top important player imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

was there yesterday chaps, after wanting to get to a NLD since the early 80's it was unbelievable. The atmosphere was brilliant. Biggest cheer in the stadium was for the award of the peno... afterwards walking down the highroad I was right next to the arsenal TV lad getting abuse, fierce craic altogether. He's lieing about the racist abuse he got, trying to get more people clicking on their channel if you ask me...
    anyway it was by far the best atmosphere ive ever been to at the lane and I had one last look around before leaving and felt a little emotional, pints had been had mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

was there yesterday chaps, after wanting to get to a NLD since the early 80's it was unbelievable. The atmosphere was brilliant. Biggest cheer in the stadium was for the award of the peno... afterwards walking down the highroad I was right next to the arsenal TV lad getting abuse, fierce craic altogether. He's lieing about the racist abuse he got, trying to get more people clicking on their channel if you ask me...
    anyway it was by far the best atmosphere ive ever been to at the lane and I had one last look around before leaving and felt a little emotional, pints had been had mind.

Yeah saw a clip of that they were saying it was monkey sounds it was just Spurs fans singing "Who who Who let the yids out"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Yeah saw a clip of that they were saying it was monkey sounds it was just Spurs fans singing "Who who Who let the yids out"

Also saying he was called a black c*nt, but it was a fat c*nt he was being called... The worst abuse I've heard was from Chelsea fans making gas hissing noises to us all when in the away end of standford bridge a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Great win, hammered them.

GS11 wrote:
    Great win, hammered them.

We sure did. Apart from the Alli and Eriksen sitters in the first half, there was also excellent chances to score from Toby, Vertonghen and Wanyama. Not to mention Sanchez handball for a definite penalty. Cech kept the score respectable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭golfball37

Heard on the radio this morning that Cech made the most saves in any game for an Arsenal keeper since 2003.

Advertisement