Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tidal music streaming: being billed after cancellation

• 03-03-2021 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Has anybody used this service?

I took out the month-free trial and cancelled on 28 February, the day before I was due to be charged. They still charged my Mastercard the following day and are refusing to refund me even though it is clear I cancelled *within my trial period.* I can show the dates to confirm it.
    Their latest response was: "After reviewing your previous inquiry with my highest tier of escalation, I can confirm that your account remains ineligible for a refund as the collected subscription fees were properly charged."

A google and this charging and refusing to refund seems to be a common problem. Do I have any rights under Irish or EU consumer law to be refunded?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭con747

Has anybody used this service?

I took out the month-free trial and cancelled on 28 February, the day before I was due to be charged. They still charged my Mastercard the following day and are refusing to refund me even though it is clear I cancelled *within my trial period.* I can show the dates to confirm it.
    Their latest response was: "After reviewing your previous inquiry with my highest tier of escalation, I can confirm that your account remains ineligible for a refund as the collected subscription fees were properly charged."

A google and this charging and refusing to refund seems to be a common problem. Do I have any rights under Irish or EU consumer law to be refunded?

Get on to your bank and get a charge back or if paid by credit card get on to them.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Famous Blue Raincoat

Thanks a million. Based on that, and not expecting much, I rang Banking 365/Mastercard and explained what happened, telling them I had evidence of having cancelled the Tidal subscription before renewal, etc.

Bank of Ireland/Mastercard cancelled any future Tidal withdrawals on my account, and refunded me for the money they took out two days ago.

For the record, it was a colossal €16.90 per month for a Tidal subscription and it was an awful service from day one, and not just the interface. For some reason, they pushed rap music and loads of other music I've no interest in at every turn. I would have expected them to promote music that matches with what I listen to - hint in my username! - but, no, rap and the like pushed all the time, thereby making the Tidal experience very intrusive/in your face.

But watch your trial subscriptions, everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

For the record, it was a colossal €16.90 per month for a Tidal subscription and it was an awful service from day one, and not just the interface. For some reason, they pushed rap music and loads of other music I've no interest in at every turn. I would have expected them to promote music that matches with what I listen to - hint in my username! - but, no, rap and the like pushed all the time, thereby making the Tidal experience very intrusive/in your face.

While the audio quality is better their learning and suggestion algorithm is nowhere near as good as Spotify. That said once you do start adding and liking tracks/artists it should do a decent job with the suggested artists and albums. Front page remains very Rap/RnB heavy but that's not it's picks for you, just in your face marketing, ignore it and head to Explore. I use Roon as a front-end though so rarely use Tidal's native interface outside of transit.

Advertisement