Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Discussion Thread *Mod Warning Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

N7777G wrote: »
    A rare enough visitor to Dublin
    8365116390_3a4cd25ff3.jpg
    EI-EPS A319 Aer Lingus by eigjb, on Flickr

some more from Dublin today:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/eigjb/tags/090113/

Can someone tell me why this is a rare visitor to dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

It is quite rare in Dublin as i think the two A319's are based in Belfast.

andy_g wrote: »
    It is quite rare in Dublin as i think the two A319's are based in Belfast.

I see, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Bessarion

The are getting 2 more A319 this year. I think at least 1 will be operating from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

greenybaby wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why this is a rare visitor to dublin?

The two Aer Lingus A319s have been based at Belfast Aldergrove since March 2012 and have made only very infrequent visits to Dublin.

EI-EPR was delivered to Dublin on 01/07/11 and was then stored in Hangar 6 before entering service from Aldergrove.

EI-EPS was delivered to Shannon in January 2012 and did not make its first visit to Dublin until 07/12/12.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

The camera work on the in the youtube video of the DHL A300 posted in the other thread is appaling.

The camera work on the in the youtube video of the DHL A300 posted in the other thread is appaling.

Brutal!!!! I'd say if I was drunk, bouncing on a trampoline wearing oven gloves whilst filming I would do a better job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

774890_276283872498996_961602420_o.jpg

Now so! here is something you dont see every day haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Wonder how much that breakdown cover costs? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Is it a Fokker or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

donvito99 wrote: »
    Is it a Fokker or what?

nop, that's Let L-610. as you can see - it is still in it's manufacturers colours, project never really lifted, I believe here we see one of the prototypes on its journey to scrap yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

The lads will never forget that recovery job.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Bessarion

Is it a Fokker or what?
    As mentioned above.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_L-610

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

That Kalitta Air 744 is lovely. Nice scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

Kenny,

Nice job on shooting the Kalitta 747. Class shots!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012

Hi EI-DOR

I'm afraid I can't take creidt for that one..it was N7777G who was the shooter
    of that one. Nice job he did too.

Ken

we can't ye put the images on here instead of links to flickr? i bypass all links, so am probably missing some great shots but i came here to look at images, not to be diverted elsewhere to view them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

What are the diagonal lines that are above the doors for? Ive always wondered but never asked.
    ZuM16 wrote: »
    Few shots from a recent flight between Amsterdam and Toronto..

IMG_2866.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭LeakRate

Stop ya getting drenched on the way through the door if its raining. A mini gutter;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

LeakRate wrote: »
    Stop ya getting drenched on the way through the door if its raining. A mini gutter;)

And there was me expecting an answer along the lines of aerodynamics or something lol.
    Simple but affective. Seems so obvious now that i know :o.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

BECtLELCYAI2cop.jpg
    The first A350 XWB with wings complete emerges for outdoor testing!

The sharklets are sex-tastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

This is going to be one beautiful bird..and I have a feeling its going to kick the 787s ass in sales over time

sully2010 wrote: »
    This is going to be one beautiful bird..and I have a feeling its going to kick the 787s ass in sales over time

Let's wait until the 787-9 comes rolling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Let's wait until the 787-9 comes rolling out.

True it will be very interesting to see how they compare.

Am I right in saying the green area on the nose is the only area on the fuselage skin that is aluminium alloy and the rest composites? Why is this does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

sully2010 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying the green area on the nose is the only area on the fuselage skin that is aluminium alloy and the rest composites? Why is this does anyone know?
    Pretty much... the A350 is 53% composite, compared to 10% on the A330, 20% on the A380 and 30% on the A400M.

This page has an embedded diagram showing the makeup of the A350:
    http://www.reinforcedplastics.com/view/21219/past-is-prologue-for-composite-repair/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

Plowman wrote: »
    It looks like a 757 from that angle. :)

No way, the wingspan looks enormous on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shanman

For anyone interested in RAF history I have photos taken at Abingdon & Horse Guards Parade on the occasion of the RAF's 50th anniversary in 1968 posted on pages 1 to 3 at http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭merisi

shanman wrote: »
    For anyone interested in RAF history I have photos taken at Abingdon & Horse Guards Parade on the occasion of the RAF's 50th anniversary in 1968 posted on pages 1 to 3 at http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/
    Excellent collection. Plenty of types of which good colour pictures are quite rare.

Advertisement