Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

bg8dtt.jpg

B-Side confirmed as 'Let The Lord Shine A Light On Me'

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Bout 80 or a hundred quid or that I'd say

Funnily enough when he did the webchat last week my one & only question was are you gonna do an adidas collab seen as Ian Brown has done 2 & you were in the ads last year....I think those Gazelles are terribly disappointing though

Good question, did you get a response?

On further inspection I'm not mad on the dark sole part, would look better if it was the same colour as the light blue stripes! Would defo get a pair if they go on sale tho! NG runners... classic!

aka what a life available to listen to after 6 on absolute radio web site

aka what a life available to listen to after 6 on absolute radio web site

Excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

heard the full version on Absolute, it's a good tune but I was expecting something more maybe a guitar solo or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Good question, did you get a response?

On further inspection I'm not mad on the dark sole part, would look better if it was the same colour as the light blue stripes! Would defo get a pair if they go on sale tho! NG runners... classic!

Nope but sure I guess Ive got my answer now....then again they are only samples by the looks of it, could still be subject to change or even scrappage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

AKA What a Life is good, very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

That's the best I've heard from Noel so far. Excellent tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i lke the new song but i still think if i had a gun sounds the best so far on the album of what i heard so far. still not loving the death of you and me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

AKA What A Life sounds really good too but it still can't compare to If I Had A Gun.

Noel has really put a lot of effort into this record, much moreso than Liam did with Beady Eye because you can tell Noel is trying less to recreate the Beatles and is focusing more on crafting good rock music, which we need more of today.

I haven't heard a great solo like that in IIHAG for a long time and Noel is possibly on the right track to demolishing all of the wannabe rock bands we have nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

5 weeks! Its going to seem like an eternity but it will be worth it. The album is going to be fantastic.

Acoustic performance of AKA.. What A Life from the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I like the Good Rebel - also, if anyone heard the show yesterday, he did an acoustic version of AKA in the studio.............Noel fans should check it out, the full 3 hours!!!

We should have never made 'Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants'. I'd come to the end. At the time, I had no reason or desire to make music. I had no drive. We'd sold all these ****ing records and there just seemed to be no point.

I went ahead and did it, even though I had no inspiration and couldn't find inspiration anywhere. I just wrote songs for the sake of making an album. We needed a reason to go on a tour. But at the time, I wasn't thinking like that. We all thought the song 'Go Let It Out' was good.

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/59162

Seems Noel's not fond of the SOTSOG album. I like some of it, it has Noel's greatest lyrics in Gas Panic and some belters in GLIO and WFL. If he had added 'Let's All Make Believe and Full On with Liam on vocals it would be an excellent album.

Id argue that 'One Way Road' would have been a good fit on Giants, taking the place of that tripe Little James and I Can See A Liar.

I like the album but see it as a missed opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Temaz Id argue that 'One Way Road' would have been a good fit on Giants, taking the place of that tripe Little James and I Can See A Liar.
    Oooooh can't say I agree with you there Temaz, I like those tunes. Yeah a 3 year old could write the lyrics but there good tunes apart from that. I Can See A Liar is a good driving down the motorway at 140 km/h tune haha!!

Totally agree with Noel, I like the album but it is pretty much all filler. Nothing beats playing PYMWYMI at 4am at full blast to a room filled with strobe lights.... :D:D:D

unkymo wrote: »
    5 weeks! Its going to seem like an eternity but it will be worth it. The album is going to be fantastic.

Not quite because some of us will be in college, but yes I agree the album will be totally awesome.

Just hope that If I Had A Gun will definitely be the third single and then maybe Stop The Clocks.

• Advertisement

Live4Ever wrote: »
    Nothing beats playing PYMWYMI at 4am at full blast to a room filled with strobe lights.... :D:D:D

Just imagine 'Full On' with Liam on vocals, it would have been mindblowing!

Temaz wrote: »
    Just imagine 'Full On' with Liam on vocals, it would have been mindblowing!
    I dont know whether Liam would be able to nail this song, the part in the bridge "no one knows why there's a spirit in the sky" is the bit I reckon he'd struggle with in particular.
    For me personally I could stick The Giants on now and listen to it whereas Heathen Chemistry is the one I'd struggle with. If The Giants had have included Full On, Let's All Make Believe and say Let There Be Love and Revolution Song which were both demoed for it I think it could been much different. In some ways The Giants was Noels first solo album, considering he wrote it, produced it and practically played every instrument on it due to the departures of Bonehead and Guigs before it.
    Similarly on Heathen Chemistry I personally loved the b-sides Idlers Dream and Shout It Out Loud. I remember Noel saying about Be Here Now that there's more inspired stuff on the b-sides than the album itself and I think that can apply to both the following albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

I think Giants has it's moments. GLIO, FITB, Gas Panic probably it's stand out tracks but there's a fair few fillers aswell. I don't think it's as bad as Noel is saying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Sunday Morning Call too is class IMO

gustavo wrote: »
    Sunday Morning Call too is class IMO

I always have the acoustic versions on my Ipod over the album cut.

This is really beautiful.

I love it when Noel does acoustic versions of Oasis classics, even the ones that were sung by Liam.

I know it won't happen but I must say I still think it would be immense to see Noel playing SCYHO. My favourite Oasis song and sadly was given a miss on the last two Oasis tours.

I adore this performance from The Chief.

Competition on Noel's official website for two tickets to the Dublin gig.

• Advertisement

These songs never would have ended up on an Oasis record. I directed everything that went on in that band but Oasis were a stadium rock band so I wrote stadium rock music.

http://www.nme.com/news/noel-gallagher/59252

Advertisement