Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beady Eye

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Definitely gonna give them a listen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

aDeener wrote: »
    of course you would be lost.

you are taking this throne of being somewhat smarter and more intelligent because you don't like something that is entirely subjective. hardly a sign of intelligence now is it?

t-shirt and jeans, jaysus how do you feel about liam gallagher regularly wearing that? you will have to change your style again

Liam Gallagher wears jeans and shirts? Why I never!

I never said I was more intelligent for not liking Beady Eye, did I? I pointed out reason for why I don't like Liam Gallagher and the cult that exists around him. I can't see anything wrong with taking a pop at that...

nm wrote: »
    No you're purposely indirectly antagonising him and others, with your condescending tone and ridiculous points which arent related to Beady Eye music at all, I suppose because this makes you feel intelligent or superior, which is in itself laughable (and is also ironic, in a non-Alanis way)

No, I'm not antagonising anyone. I'm putting across my differing viewpoint and having a bit of fun at the same time. I'm not the one with the red mist and again I never said I was more intelligent. I hate Liam Gallagher's celebration of ignorance and people lapping that up as the act of a rock and roll star.
    That's certainly not a fact that I called you "a lunatic for not liking Liam Gallagher", I was referring to your large ranting and raving about all things associated with him, and this threads very existence for same.

No rantings or ravings here. A couple of carefully worded posts that's all.
    Hardly odd is it, it's surely the entire point of this thread in the first place.

Which, ironically, was set up by an Oasis fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

I never said I was more intelligent for not liking Beady Eye, did I? I pointed out reason for why I don't like Liam Gallagher and the cult that exists around him. I can't see anything wrong with taking a pop at that...

well now when you have been mocking the intelligence of people who like beady eye/oasis, that sort of kind of gives the impression that you believe yourself to be more intelligent than them :rolleyes:

so now do you see the irony since it has been spelled out to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

You cant stop can you, every post is littered with that pathetic tone and designed to annoy :rolleyes:

Someone get ricero back here, much more entertaining.

• Advertisement

No rantings or ravings here. A couple of carefully worded posts that's all.

Matter of opinion obviously, you've rabbiting in here for pages on end and barely mentioned the subject title, you're the most prolific poster in the thread again hardly mentioning the subject title, I would categorise all that as ranting, you've even done it again in that post one up "i hate liam gallagher".. the world heard this the first 10 times, allow the rant to end.

Queue response "wow look at the people getting worked up by my well thought out and well put words", yawn very predictable, round and round.

Good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Matter of opinion obviously, you've rabbiting in here for pages on end and barely mentioned the subject title, you're the most prolific poster in the thread again hardly mentioning the subject title, I would categorise all that as ranting, you've even done it again in that post one up "i hate liam gallagher".. the world heard this the first 10 times, allow the rant to end.

Queue response "wow look at the people getting worked up by my well thought out and well put words", yawn very predictable, round and round.

Good night.

Oasis are genuinely crap and the derivative musings of beady eye are not going to change that

Oasis are genuinely crap and the derivative musings of beady eye are not going to change that

what a retarded statement.

ok oasis are crap in your opinion. fair enough. but who on earth would claim that whatever beady eye do would change what oasis have done? you can't change the past ya know :rolleyes: fuck me pink

• Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This is for both 'Beady Eye' threads:

I'm sick to my back teeth of getting notifications about these goddamn threads..

.. honestly, how old and petty are some of ye? I don't care if ye're fans of Beady Eye or Oasis, or both.

If ye wanna stay segregated and have a "haters" thread and a "lovers" thread (.. or whatever), then go nuts.

But don't go and piss others off by going against that thread!

I'm half tempted to lock both these threads if this continues!

Grow up FFS!

Good night.

It is true that I'm the most profilic poster here. Most of the post are in response to what people were directing at me. Can't really see the problem there. It is true that I don't like Liam Gallagher (he's a twunt if you ask me) but the full quote was 'I hate Liam Gallagher's celebration of ignorance'.

I still don't get the point that if I say that I think Liam's an idiot and take a pop at people who clone themselves on him is a declaration that I think I'm more intelligent than fans of Beady Eye. Its probably a pretty diverse demographic. Some Beady Eye fans do the whole Liam clone thing and some don't. Some Beady Eye fans are smart and some aren't.

• Advertisement

It is true that I'm the most profilic poster here. Most of the post are in response to what people were directing at me. Can't really see the problem there. It is true that I don't like Liam Gallagher (he's a twunt if you ask me) but the full quote was 'I hate Liam Gallagher's celebration of ignorance'.

I still don't get the point that if I say that I think Liam's an idiot and take a pop at people who clone themselves on him is a declaration that I think I'm more intelligent than fans of Beady Eye. Its probably a pretty diverse demographic. Some Beady Eye fans do the whole Liam clone thing and some don't. Some Beady Eye fans are smart and some aren't.

no no, you claimed that the notion of a 'grown up oasis' fan was oxymoronic. stop back tracking.

no no, you claimed that the notion of a 'grown up oasis' fan was oxymoronic. stop back tracking.

As a joke. Was there a sense of humour bypass around here? I think I missed it...

As a joke. Was there a sense of humour bypass around here? I think I missed it...

ah of course it was. sweet back tracking there well done... :rolleyes:

if it weren't for the condescending tone of the rest of your posts i might believe you

ah of course it was. sweet back tracking there well done... :rolleyes:

if it weren't for the condescending tone of the rest of your posts i might believe you

And you said my tshirt and jeans combination was out there but somehow I was able to realise you were joking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Radiohead fans and Oasis fans have both killed my love for both bands. One group is so god damn smug and the other post everything like they'd imagine their idol would. Good lord. If I didn't use message boards I'd be excited by this release but as for now I downloaded it for old times sake but haven't had the slightest inclination to listen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Radiohead fans and Oasis fans have both killed my love for both bands. One group is so god damn smug and the other post everything like they'd imagine their idol would. Good lord. If I didn't use message boards I'd be excited by this release but as for now I downloaded it for old times sake but haven't had the slightest inclination to listen

I like both bands :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Bubs101 wrote: »

I agree completely.
    There are an unreal amount of idiots on Boards that will defend Oasis and Beady Eye to the "****in' end man coz we're hardcore?".

And Oasis are my favourite band of all time, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I think its obvious listening to Beady Eye that they are NOTHING without Noel Gallagher.

The Roller....FFS is that song a pisstake? Its Instant Karma for the chorus, and All You Need Is Love for the verse. At least Noel would try to disguise his ripoffs! :pac:

I was a big Oasis fan, but Beady Eye is the sound of a dead horse being flogged. Quite sad really. Noels solo record is gonna seriously piss all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm glad I'm not arrogant enough to believe that anyone who doesn't share my taste in music deserves abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I believe my post from the other thread fits in here more.

I was at a friends house in Dundalk there last week listening to the residents' very mediocre taste in music, then one of them asked for "Millionaire" to be put on, I was happy because I thought it's was going to be this:

But nae! It was that incredibly average and boring song on that album - so now I dislike them severely.

I dislike them, as I do for Oasis, but for musical reasons, I'm not going to tell you why everybody else should like them or dislike them. Everybody has their own taste in music, and although I believe your taste is **** and completely inferior and less intelligent than mine (which it is :pac:) I'm not going to roar abuse at you because you think otherwise. Seriously, grow the **** up, children have more mature arguments about their favourite video games than most boardsies posting in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not arrogant enough to believe that anyone who doesn't share my taste in music deserves abuse.

Well said.

Can't understand why people get so offensive about peoples taste in music.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

TBH, I wasn't gonna post in here, but I decided I will give one reply and call it a day. I figured "Okay let the haters trash it out, let them vent their fury and hopefully they'll crawl back to the Radiohead and Queens of the Stone Age threads from which they came." I was fcuking happy darrenh set this thread up, I actually thought I wouldn't have to wade through fcuking bullsh*t misinformed threads about people's hatred for all things Gallagher related in the other thread.
    Bonavox wrote: »
    He's just playing off the general intelligence of an Oasis fan.

Hey Bonavox maybe you need to go turn your fcuking hearing aid up a few notches and listen to the songs? Blatantly discriminating against people you don't even know, even if it is on the internet? Then again, your probably some smelly, overweight creep with long hair who walks around town listening to Slipknot at full volume.

Anyway, I won't be posting here again. I won't ruin your fun, maybe keep that in mind for the pro - Beady Eye thread, unless of course you can contribute a sentence that doesn't include the words 'Liam' and 'twat'.

And you know what? LG would fcuking love this thread. He'd get a buzz of you haters. So on his behalf I present you all with this:

liam_gallagher-gal-bitchiest.jpg

LIVE FOREVER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Live4Ever wrote: »
    TBH, I wasn't gonna post in here, but I decided I will give one reply and call it a day. I figured "Okay let the haters trash it out, let them vent their fury and hopefully they'll crawl back to the Radiohead and Queens of the Stone Age threads from which they came." I was fcuking happy darrenh set this thread up, I actually thought I wouldn't have to wade through fcuking bullsh*t misinformed threads about people's hatred for all things Gallagher related in the other thread.

Hey Bonavox maybe you need to go turn your fcuking hearing aid up a few notches and listen to the songs? Blatantly discriminating against people you don't even know, even if it is on the internet? Then again, your probably some smelly, overweight creep with long hair who walks around town listening to Slipknot at full volume.

Anyway, I won't be posting here again. I won't ruin your fun, maybe keep that in mind for the pro - Beady Eye thread, unless of course you can contribute a sentence that doesn't include the words 'Liam' and 'twat'.

And you know what? LG would fcuking love this thread. He'd get a buzz of you haters. So on his behalf I present you all with this:

liam_gallagher.jpg

LIVE FOREVER

Thanks, I appreciate your contribution to this wonderful thread. Of course, I was playing to the general intelligence of an Oasis fan, so not really discriminating against one person or anything. :rolleyes:

Bai!

So you take great offence at what Bonavox said about Oasis fans in general and then proceed to insult him directly. Nice work.

What I can't understand is how extaordinarily thin skinned Oasis fans are. By the reaction of some people on here you'd swear I rode their mother and then wiped my dick in the curtains, not slagged a pompous git who pretends to be a working class hero while Selfridges stocks his clothing range.

I think this somes it up for me:

Live for a reasonably healthy amount of time then die in my sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Well, can't say you weren't warned..

Live4Ever banned for 3 months.

Would have been longer, but I'm in a good mood!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

liam_gallagher-gal-bitchiest.jpg

LIVE FOREVER

You know what i love most about this thread? I'm sure you can guess.

Haven't heard anything by this crowd so can't comment.

I would love a merge of all these threads though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well said.

Can't understand why people get so offensive about peoples taste in music.
    My comment was actually directed at some Oasis fans Anto. :)

Now a few of their detractors have gotten very abusive on this thread (not directly though, but still - no need for it) but by Jesus did they get it back in spades. And Oasis fans here ALWAYS bring it on themselves - the defensivenesss and aggression of Oasis fans here when someone merely says they don't think the band are good, is really something to behold. People can civilly say they don't like Oasis without getting abuse, accusations of snobbery and all that rubbish.

What about them being both ****e because they're both fronted by the same dribbling, madferit ape whose pride in his ignorance is only outweighted by his ability to squeeze every single penny he can out of his fans whether it's through the reheated Beatles tunes he's peddling now or the 'mod' clothing range he has. .
    Bonavox wrote: »
    He's just playing off the general intelligence of an Oasis fan.
    Ah I wish I could but he's too much of a gormless twat.

"aimed at grown up oasis fans"

that's an oxymoron surely?

And on, and on and on.

Troll
    1a. Noun
    One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

and then we get this..

Do you not see any confliction here?? :confused:

As I said already, this entire thread is designed and purpose built to goad, it has absolutely no other purpose.
    People can civilly say they don't like Oasis without getting abuse, accusations of snobbery and all that rubbish.

Sure they can.

And on, and on and on.

Troll
    1a. Noun
    One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

But I'm posting on a Beady Eye Non appreciation thread surely I'm singing to the gallery here and not posting deliberately provocative messages. I uphold my end of the bargain and only posted on this thread. Where is the problem there?

So I said that grown up oasis fans was an oxymoron. Big deal, it was intended as a bit of a joke but I'll tell you what I'll clarify my position:

If someone (not directed at anyone in particular remember that) in their mid twenties to mid thirties wears a Liam Gallagher haircut, practises the same sodomized gorilla strut as Liam and peppers their everyday speech with 'Liamisms' then they're an idiot and they need to grow up.

The same would apply to anyone in the same age group who is a goth or a skater boy or any tribe you pass through as a teenager and should leave behind when you grow up a bit.

If you're an Oasis or Beady Eye who doesn't take part in those desperate cliches I wouldn't have any problem with you at all and if you're willing to accept that I'm allowed to have my opinion then we would all be a lot happier.
    As I said already, this entire thread is designed and purpose built to goad, it has absolutely no other purpose.

And like I said the thread was originally set up by an Oasis fan to keep the Beady Eye Group Hug Counselling Thread free of people wanting to voice alternative opinions to the celebration of all things rock and roooolllll. I kept up my end of the bargain and stayed away from that thread.

• Advertisement

I posted that Radiohead thread as a test to see if something as ridiculous as a thread designed to hate another band and goad fans of any other band would be tolerated.. thread promptly locked, unsurprising, test complete.

What is surprising is that the actual Beady Eye thread was then also locked, and this one littered with the usual rubbish and boring old circular arguments left open as "the beady eye thread".

Give me a ****ing break, the moderators on this forum are having a laugh. :rolleyes:

Android i've been over everything about you and this threads existence already, I'll not repeat myself.

Advertisement