Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many pages are in Breakfast at Tiffanys?

Options
  • 21-05-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭

I got the independant 2 Saturdays ago and the book that came with the lifetime reads offer was Breakfast at Tiffanys by Truman Capote. I read it and enjoyed it. It was a very short book, less than 100 pages. Is this the "full" version? I went to the books wikipedia page and it says it is 192 pages. I know print sizes varies but to double the length of the book? Could someone clear this up for me?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

My Penguin copy starts on page 9 and ends on page 100. I'd say you haven't been shortchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

Ah yeah I didn't think that really. The book seemed pretty complete and it is a novella after all but I don't know where wikipedia is going with 192 pages. Maybe i should change that for them. Unless of course the copy written about on it was for the blind or something.

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

AFAIK the original copy is actually a collection of three short stories. The other two being well worth a read as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭budgemook

ah you are right. That's why it's 192 pages. silly me, should have thought of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Why on earth do they put page numbers in wikipedia anyway? I mean, a popular book like that would have lots and lots of editions (look at librarything for examples). Seems like sort of useless information (word count would at least be unchanging).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

jimi_t wrote: »
    AFAIK the original copy is actually a collection of three short stories. The other two being well worth a read as well.
    It's the BaT novella and three other stories ("A Christmas Memory", "A Diamond Guitar" and "House of Flowers").

I assume the page number counts in wikipedia are specific to the ISBN numbers they also include. May be useful for libraries, who knows (then again, an ISBN lookup would provide that information anyway).

Advertisement