Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love in the Time of Cholera

Options
  • 10-05-2009 3:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

I just finished this and thought it was excellent. Gabriel Garcia Marquez is clearly a brilliant writer and the prose of this novel is unique. Also I believe its possibly one of the most misinterpreted books there is.

Everyone elses views?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

I agree, great book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Excellent book. Loved 100 Years of Solitude as well. How would you regard it as being misinterpreted? Also, is the film any good? I love his style, so surreal yet he tells it to you so convinvingly you start to believe the plumes of yellow butterflies. One of my friends once excellently described the atmosphere created in the book - "I started to read Love In The Time... but it was so humid I had to stop."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I enjoyed this book, So much description and detail, It definitely got my imagination working, I took my time reading it as I wanted to absorb it as much as I could.

Advertisement