Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stepmother Guardianship

Options
  • 11-06-2019 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am currently waiting for a court sitting to obtain guardianship of my stepdaughter. I am married to her father who has full custody and have lived with them for over 3 years. Mother has access once a month for a sleepover for 1 night only. She misses her visitation regularly and goes off radar for months at a time, very unreliable and inconsistent which is why I am filing so SD has security if anything were to happen to father and I can also make emergency decisions for her. We told mother this was happening and suddenly is crying/yapping that she wants more access and isn't involved bla bla. She never comes to see SD on her bday nor does she texted. She has never picked her up from school/afterschool or taken her to any of her extra curriculars. She wants to contest the guardianship as she doesn't feel it is necessary.

My question is could this alone stop me from becoming guardianship even though it is in childs best interest?

Advertisement