Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It had to end

Options
  • 23-06-2019 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

We are in the middle of proceedings and I was advised to let my youngest see him but that child has been incredibly upset as all he wants to do is make them feel like the situation has been created by me. Should visitation continue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi cooch

Are you looking for strangers on the internet to acknowledge that you should terminate your husbands visitation rights based on a sentence saying he blames you?

No, absolutely not. you should not unilaterally terminate the visitation rights and harm the child's relationship with their father, except in extreme circumstances.

you should take action though, have you sought mediation services? Its usually free and can help frame your future relationship in positive terms.

The Family Mediation Service: 01-874 7446, www.legalaidboard.ie
    Mediators’ Institute of Ireland: 01-609 9190, www.themii.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cooch

Hi cooch

Are you looking for strangers on the internet to acknowledge that you should terminate your husbands visitation rights based on a sentence saying he blames you?

No, absolutely not. you should not unilaterally terminate the visitation rights and harm the child's relationship with their father, except in extreme circumstances.

you should take action though, have you sought mediation services? Its usually free and can help frame your future relationship in positive terms.

The Family Mediation Service: 01-874 7446, www.legalaidboard.ie
    Mediators’ Institute of Ireland: 01-609 9190, www.themii.ie

Hi thanks for your response. I have been given a lot of differing opinions from family, friends etc and they all differ so hence the reason I created the thread. I agree that the relationship should be encouraged. The problem is the distress of my child after their visit? That’s what my concern is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Might I ask what age the child is?

Advertisement