Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to buy a Pre-Refurb laptop?

Options
  • 02-12-2019 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭

As per title, is it possible to buy a Pre-Refurbished laptop, or is this a crazy idea?

My Lenovo G565 laptop is 8 years old and dying! Over it’s life I’ve replaced the RAM ( it has the 8Gb max that it can take) and last year I replaced the HDD with a 500GB SSD. Both memory upgrades were from Crucial.EU.

Alas now I think the AMD CPU is just not able for even the basics of Win10 64 bit. It runs very slowly and crashes frequently. Web pages take an age to load.

So I think it might be time to retire it. I don’t do much heavy work with it, would it be feasible to buy a second hand laptop and swap out the SSD and the RAM? ( which I could do myself) Or would I be better off just giving up the ghost and buying a new laptop altogether.

Really appreciate any feedback, there are a lot of very knowledgable posters in this forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Do you mean a broken laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Do you mean a broken laptop?

No, not broken. I suppose what I’m thinking is if I got a laptop with a newer/ better processor would it be worth buying and then swapping out the hdd with my current SSD ( assuming it’s compatible)

Advertisement