Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squash in South Dublin

Options
  • 09-01-2017 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Been playing about a year, and a member of a small team but still struggle to get in as many games as I would like in a week.

I would like to maybe see can we get a group of players on here to play a few social games.

I would consider myself beginner but not absolute beginner. I know of several courts in south dublin that can be used on pay per play basis.

anyone interested please reply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭traveller0101

I'd be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

wow, I was beginning to lose faith!! will send you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭rosenallis

Just found this thread, still looking for a couple of games/ box league?

Beginner to medium player in SD

rosenallis wrote: »
    Just found this thread, still looking for a couple of games/ box league?

Beginner to medium player in SD

hello, I'm still looking to play. pm me where suits etc

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Hi all,

I'm looking to get playing a bit more regularly aswell, however work and family situations mean that I'm generally only free to play midweek, and between 9am-5pm (basically, the complete opposite of most people unfortunately!)

I took up playing squash last year, and managed to get a few lessons and a few games in, but it all fell by the wayside a bit. So hopefully, I can find someone in a similar situation who would like to get playing.

If so, feel free to PM and hopefully we can organise something,

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Just passing this on as a FYI. I've recently played the odd game in De La Salle in Churchtown. To book a court I had to sign up a system called clubmanager.ie, and basically DLS use it to manage bookings etc.

However, you can also use the system to see if anyone fancies a game. See below from the user guide. I've never used it so no idea how effective it is, or if anyone actually replies. And maybe i'm late to the party and everyone knows about this already! :o

"When booking a court on the system you will have the option to notify them that you are "looking for a game". Notified players receive an email (unless opted up) and will receive a message the next time they use the system."

I'm not affiliated with any of the above, i've just used DLS courts a couple of times and found the system really useful!

That's great thanks, I'll try that and hopefully have some luck.

Cheers

Hello again. some people PM'd me about games and then went quiet when I responded

why dont we try and get a little league going here of beginner to medium ability players. I have played in De La Salle, its very easy to book and get courts and I know of another court we could play too. would love to get something regular in the evenings. and have an established game for when winter comes in and its hard to do anything other than indoor sport

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm a member in the curragh and membership is quite cheap with good courts if anyone is interested.

guil wrote: »
    I'm a member in the curragh and membership is quite cheap with good courts if anyone is interested.

bit far out for me, but cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Would possibly be interested in this. Haven't played squash since college (where I didn't play that much!) so I'd be very much the beginner side if things though.

Would possibly be interested in this. Haven't played squash since college (where I didn't play that much!) so I'd be very much the beginner side if things though.

where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

guile4582 wrote: »
    where are you based?

Dundrum, so de la salle would suit.

Dundrum, so de la salle would suit.

cool
    will have a look Monday for a possible Thursday booking..will confirm monday as away for weekend.

I suppose anyone else interested , we could use the hour and do a round robin just to get to know each other and have a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭cw girl

Lustrum wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking to get playing a bit more regularly aswell, however work and family situations mean that I'm generally only free to play midweek, and between 9am-5pm (basically, the complete opposite of most people unfortunately!)

I took up playing squash last year, and managed to get a few lessons and a few games in, but it all fell by the wayside a bit. So hopefully, I can find someone in a similar situation who would like to get playing.

If so, feel free to PM and hopefully we can organise something,

Cheers

Hey - would you mind sharing some information about where you took lessons, whether you needed to join a club to do this etc? I'd like to give it a try but have never played. Thank you

cw girl wrote: »
    Hey - would you mind sharing some information about where you took lessons, whether you needed to join a club to do this etc? I'd like to give it a try but have never played. Thank you

check out Sportsco, as far as i know you dont need to be a member
    contact Mark Kelly

https://www.facebook.com/LifestyleSquash/

cw girl wrote: »

I joined up in Belvedere as it was close by, they have a couple of coaches so I did a few lessons alright. I'd certainly recommend lessons just to get an understanding of the game and body positions and things like that

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭dizzyg

CW_Girl, if you want some info re clubs and who the local coaches are etc, drop me a PM me with your location

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

What's the quickest way walking to get to de la salle squash courts from any of the luas stops as hoping to get back into playing squash this year.

Is there any squash courts in around Dublin 18

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

guile4582 wrote: »
    cool
    will have a look Monday for a possible Thursday booking..will confirm monday as away for weekend.

I suppose anyone else interested , we could use the hour and do a round robin just to get to know each other and have a hit

Did anything come of the plan to setup a few games?

I'd be interested in getting involved;
    I've been meaning to join a club/group to try get back into squash for a long time now, but keep putting it off, and am always dubious about joining an already established group as the new guy etc.

Haven't played at all regularly since school (in De La Salle :)), so about 15 years out of practice at this stage.
    Based in Clonskeagh now, so DLS would still suit me too

• Advertisement
Advertisement