Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD. End Cap 12mm to QR REAR

Options
  • 10-12-2019 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I've a rear wheel with a 142x12 axle, I've sourced a non drive side End cap that converts to QR and is spaced correctly. The Drive side I'm looking for a QR end cap that is threaded at the end but smooth as heading in toward the bearing and has a flat flange that sits at the bearing to retain it.
    I'm not sure of the brand of hub I've got as it's an Boardman OEM. From past wheels I think it's a Jalco hub. I got the dremel out and made an end cap that works but it has no threads, it's fine when in the bike but on wheel removal there's nothing to stop the free hub assembley from sliding off.
    You'll know you have one if you do.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

OTG wrote: »
    I've a rear wheel with a 142x12 axle, I've sourced a non drive side End cap that converts to QR and is spaced correctly. The Drive side I'm looking for a QR end cap that is threaded at the end but smooth as heading in toward the bearing and has a flat flange that sits at the bearing to retain it.
    I'm not sure of the brand of hub I've got as it's an Boardman OEM. From past wheels I think it's a Jalco hub. I got the dremel out and made an end cap that works but it has no threads, it's fine when in the bike but on wheel removal there's nothing to stop the free hub assembley from sliding off.
    You'll know you have one if you do.

Thanks

I might have one of these to do the trick, from a prime wheel. I’ll take a picture of it when I’m back in the shed tomorrow and send it on!

Advertisement