Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Not able to interact with external monitor connected to laptop

Options
  • 27-11-2019 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I have a windows 10 Laptop.

I have connected the laptop to an external monitor so that I can work with 2 screens

The external monitor is a 20.1" wide TFT LCD display

I have a Male --> Male VGA cable going from the monitor to a VGA -->USB 3.0 adaptor . The USB 3.0 adaptor is connected to one of the USB 3.0 ports on the laptop

The laptop and external monitor are recognising each other

I can drag windows e.g. Browser window from my Laptop screen to the external monitor screen

However on the external monitor screen

1. I am not able to interact with the window dragged into the external monitor. I cant click on it or scroll or resize or navigate it, close it nor can I drag it back from the xternal monitor to the laptop

What do I need to do to enable this

2. The display on the external monitor is not maximising to the Monitor size - its only rendering to about 70% of the screen size. Trying to change display resolution/screen settings for the external monitor from the laptop isn't doing anything as the option to accept or revert the changes dialog is appearing on the 2nd monitor and due to point 1 above I cant click on this. Guess if can get issue 1 above sorted should be able to sort this one

Any thoughts or advise for these items

Thanks

Advertisement