Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I sell a tennis racket apart from online?

Options
  • 07-05-2018 6:07am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭

I have a tennis racket bought in 2013 that is in perfectly good condition but I lost my interest in playing a while back and want to sell it.

I've tried adverts.ie and donedeal but haven't gotten any responses (and I have not overestimated the price, I put it at 5 euro when the racket cost somewhere around 30 euro)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

I think I found your ad. Is it the Wilson Europa Comp? It’s a very good price for someone starting out or who wants to play once or twice on a sunny day during Wimbledon. If you were local to me, Id buy it for our tennis club or coach to have spare if someone forgot their racket. However, it’s not really a racket for anyone who is playing regularly.
    There is no market for tennis equipment anywhere in Ireland. Nike, adidas etc don’t even send their new range of clothing over here. There is only one dedicated rackets sports shop in Dublin.
    So I’m not surprised you are struggling to sell a tennis racket in Laois.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭nigel_wilson

shutup wrote: »
    I think I found your ad. Is it the Wilson Europa Comp? It’s a very good price for someone starting out or who wants to play once or twice on a sunny day during Wimbledon. If you were local to me, Id buy it for our tennis club or coach to have spare if someone forgot their racket. However, it’s not really a racket for anyone who is playing regularly.
    There is no market for tennis equipment anywhere in Ireland. Nike, adidas etc don’t even send their new range of clothing over here. There is only one dedicated rackets sports shop in Dublin.
    So I’m not surprised you are struggling to sell a tennis racket in Laois.

No, it's this one.

I live in Blackrock and got the racket for €30 but have had to lower the price for a measly €2. I hoped it would get at least €7-10.

Advertisement