Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technicality

Options
  • 03-11-2015 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Hi, if I were to place a bet about say for example a creature thought to be extinct being found alive in 2016 what would be the best way to word it on the slip to avoid being stung by the bookie?. Would I have to be specific about the name and the location for example.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

Depends on the type of creature - what is it? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Someone's found Shergar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Depends on the type of creature - what is it? :-)

It's what would be called a 'cryptid', a large ape, I have a friend who's in the know through science circles and he's told me that they have already found it but it will be a while before they officially announce it. I'm guessing I will have to name the animal and the location or else they won't pay out?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 295 ✭✭mattaiuseire

I was only kidding... I was just going to hi-jack your bet. I haven't a clue really. Finding a bookie to take the bet would be the first challenge I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

It will be very hard to find a bookie to lay that bet.
    If you're enquiring about it then it's obvious you know more than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I'll probably be laughed out of the place and I might be laughing too! it seems a bit bananas to me but I trust the guy and he was in earnest. I'll try and pluck up the courage to write it on a slip and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Seems there was a bet available (at one stage in time) for bigfoot in tunbridge wells.

http://www.paddypower.com/football/current-affairs/tunbridge-wells-bigfoot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

trying to place a bet like this would send a red flag up straight away. I would also wonder if you placed the bet today and an announcement was made in march that it was discovered last summer im sure most bookies would void the bet claiming the result was known before the bet was placed

Advertisement