Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dribble bar

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭alps

hopeso wrote: »
    You could be right...I suppose it's unlikely that Holland, or any other country would impose stricter rules than the rest of the E.U. upon themselves

They would....and so would Denmark and France and Belgium and Germany...

We have it soft...

Every load spread in Belgium must have a gps printout of where it was spread and thats after the batch had been sampled to guage spreading rates..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Reggie. wrote: »
    Ah find it hard to believe. I see very little between trailing shoe and dribble bar even tho the experts will tell ya the shoe is miles ahead. I just dont see it

I used both and think t shoe is way better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Shoe is way better, on any height of grass.
    If slurry gets onto leaves of growing grass and dries quickly, a power washer wouldn’t get it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,489 ✭✭✭jaymla627

K.G. wrote: »
    Just looking at tankprices
    Ordinary tank is 18k
    Same make with trailing shoe 36k
    I know the tyres can be speced different but it still feels like they are profiting on the grant.interesting to see the price when the grant goes

Bought a ex-demo galavinsied 2600 hi-spec, trailing shoe/injector ready for 19000 back in 18 that was 4 year old but had no work done only drawing water for a sprayer 10 times a year, list price of tank new was 26,000, a 2300 gallon hi-spec new painted at the time on 28.1 tyres instead of 30.5's and the smaller pump was 18,500....
    Once you start adding extras onto a tank the price lifts alot, lads buying tams tanks with the dribble bars on the hatch are been sold a pup though, as I'd say in 5 years time anything other then trailing shoe at a minimum will only be permitted

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oneten

Don't see there could be much difference between them in regard to what is released into the atmosphere, and if you're spreading on silage stubble there's none , or is there ?
    You need another 20 horsepower to drag a trailing shoe through grass, especially on hilly ground , or so i'm told .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

alps wrote: »
    They would....and so would Denmark and France and Belgium and Germany...

We have it soft...

Every load spread in Belgium must have a gps printout of where it was spread and thats after the batch had been sampled to guage spreading rates..

The greens will bring a bit of a change like that here when they get settled into power ,given time

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭moneyheer

Was told by a machinery salesman that all slurry is injected in Holland and it will be the same here in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

moneyheer wrote: »
    Was told by a machinery salesman that all slurry is injected in Holland and it will be the same here in years to come.
    Would the majority of that being injected be into tilled ground. Big difference to do it into permant grassland

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Would the majority of that being injected be into tilled ground. Big difference to do it into permant grassland

Yeah I think gawd was saying that it was causing issues in france

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dmakc

Inspectors would want a much more astute eye to notice injection v dribble than dribble v splash plate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Freejin

Resurrecting an old thread here, I know Mastek are probably the predominant brand macerator in Ireland, but anybody any experience with Vogelsang macerator? Apparently thats whats on Major tanks.

if you're buying a new tank you can spec it with a mastek

or at least you could in 2019

Retro fitting here,first call I made he suggested all major dribble bars were vogelsang, I didn't push him on it mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

Mastek is meant to be a better macerator for Irish conditions, neighbour has a vogelsgang on a major and isn't happy with it.

bought mine off a major agent on condition a mastek was fitted , he made a phone call to the factory, no problem fitting a mastek.

if you're retro fitting you can choose any make you like , i went for mastek on the advice of a contractor that was familiar with macerators. its a good unit but the stone trap isnt great, doesn't catch even half the stones but i'm not contracting so its up to me to keep trash out of the tanks

Ya, spoke to another dealer who confirmed I'm not tied to the Major one. Anybody any experience with the Grass Tech one with Alrena macerator? It's hung off the chassis of the tank rather than the inspection door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Decent enough one. Anti block if the pressure builds on the hydraulics the macerator goes into reverse for 10 seconds to free itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

yep it’s a nice setup but I’d like 50 mill pipes if at all possible

Advertisement