Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your drunk self

• 10-10-2016 8:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

I get loud, laugh hysterically at the silliest thing, get a bit gropey and then fall asleep

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I get loud, laugh hysterically at the silliest thing, get a bit gropey and then fall asleep

OK, now tell us what happens when you get drunk.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Donald, is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

When drunk I thought I was the life n soul of the party and where as on occasion I could be funny and interesting..most times I was not.and know i cant still dance.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 861 ✭✭✭MeatTwoVeg

I become an expert in kung fu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I become an expert in kung fu dancing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I become an expert in kung fu dancing and falling over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I become more of a people person and don't tell people to piss off if they try make conversation. Depending on how drunk, I have a tendency to let people write on my face with eyeliner or get the nightclub stamp on my forehead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Apparently I don't change much even to the point that people with me don't realise I'm drunk. In my head I can hear myself slur a bit and loose track of discussions but outwardly my drunk-self behaves with a degree of comport till I pass out.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

OldGoat wrote: »
    Apparently I don't change much even to the point that people with me don't realise I'm drunk. In my head I can hear myself slur a bit and loose track of discussions but outwardly my drunk-self behaves with a degree of comport till I pass out.

+1 - I'm practically the same person drunk or sober.

I talk a lot, in particular to strangers. Any social filter I have goes out the window. Then I fall over or fall asleep. Great craic.

A rake of pints and I'm happy out, chatting away to anyone.

Combine a few whiskeys with this though and I become the anti Christ. The Devil lives in whiskey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

He likes cocaine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I go full Henry Sellers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm the funniest, most handsomest, most charmingest person in any room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I feel much more comfortable around people I don't know too well. Become more talkative than usual. Start to slur. Then the wobbles set in. Then I fall over. Then I get sick. Then I snore like a train.

But all of the above are committed with a certain amount of panache :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

I tend to repeat myself
    then I tend to repeat myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I'm mostly the same as I am when I'm sober. The biggest change would be that after 6/7 vodkas if there's music playing I get a huge urge to sing. Last time it happened was in Galway with Johnny Cash. Great night:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I'm a great drunk, happy, have the buzz with everyone and just generally awesome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭josip

Pint, talk, Pint talk, Pint talk, Pint talk.
    "That's the drink talking now"
    Pint smile, Pint stare, Pint.
    Run to Dart. Phew, made it.
    South, south, not north, south.
    Don't get sick, Don't fall asleep.
    Why didn't I pee before I left the pub?
    Don't get sick, Don't fall asleep.
    Made it. Hold on, hold on.
    Home, Ahhhhh.....
    Munchies!!!!
    Munch, munch, mu... .. zzzzz

"How much did you have to drink? Get up to bed."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Stigura

No idea. I seldom remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

My biggest danger, to myself and others, is that when drunk I want to boogie. Not dance, boogie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Drunk? As in 4-6 pints? I'm okay. Slightly slurring of words and maybe a bit too loud.
    7+ pints? I like to walk into walls a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I tend to get very chatty and somewhat giggly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I'm a happy drunk, sometime emotional and I develop an uncontrollable desire to type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I'm just really chatty. About 5 or 6 bottles of beer or measures of vodka is just the right amount for me not that I have never overdone it before but usually try to stick to that.

Oh it's so horrible to watch isn't it! I also remember Lynne Perrie who played Ivy Tilsley on Coronation Street appearing on Shooting Stars. That was just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

My drunk self can be a very chatty, very friendly and very giddy person who loves to sing loads. However I tend to be a bit more impatient and people can end up getting on my shouty side..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I don't drink any more because it just turned me into either angry ranting guy or sits in the corner brooding guy.

Took me nearly a decade and a half to realize that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Did you just give it up in the last 24 hours? :pac:

Advertisement