Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancer diagnosis what next

Options
  • 12-12-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Hey all

My dad has just been diagnosed with cancer - Stage 1 in the bowel It's very treatable but I am so scared my friend died of cancer last month and I can't help fearing the worst. I haven't been able to sleep or eat since Any advice as to how to stay calm would be great

Sorry if this is the wrong forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

sorry to hear of your news

yes wrong forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Hi, I'm really sorry you're Dad's ill, hopefully he'll be fine. I'd suggest moving this to the long term illness forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Talk it out with family and friends. It'll help immensely.

In relation to the disease itself it can go either way but the body is an amazing thing.

Don't give up hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The Irish Cancer Society provides support for families. They are great.
    Cancer is not a death sentence these days, so try to think of the positives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Stage 1 stage 1 stage 1,

Very treatable

One day at a time , he needs you to keep the head,

Good luck in your journey , I hope it goes well and be there to help him on his journey which could well have a brilliant outcome .

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I have been hearing great things about cannibis oil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

spud82 wrote: »
    Hey all

My dad has just been diagnosed with cancer - Stage 1 in the bowel It's very treatable but I am so scared my friend died of cancer last month and I can't help fearing the worst. I haven't been able to sleep or eat since Any advice as to how to stay calm would be great

Sorry if this is the wrong forum

I can highly recommend calling the Irish Cancer Society helpline. They are very good to answer any questions and address any worries you will have.

Also if it's very treatable your Dad obviously addressed it right away and sought help. That's very very positive.

Still it's an awful shock, look after yourself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I don't think you've posted in the wrong place. AH has shown massive compassion in threads like this.

Mate, of course you're scared. It's absolutely bloody terrifying.

I can't make that worry go away. You need to keep telling yourself - it's stage one, it's treatable, he'll be fine. The likelihood is that he'll be fit as a fiddle after treatment, and tormenting you for years to come. Stay strong, but what you're feeling is natural!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Hi OP,

I see you have opened a thread in another forum, so I'll close up this one.
    Hope all works out for you and your Dad makes a speedy recovery.

Sauve.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement