Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Less male housework = more sex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Less sexually attractive to women. But it is rare that you are doing housework in front of a girl who you have not yet bedded and are trying to. Whereas, with your wife or girlfriend, they are already sexually attracted to you so you do not do housework to get their juices going. Unfortunately, we're still going to have to do our share around the gaff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I dunno. I saw a documentary about a guy who cleaned windows in the 70s and he was getting a lot of sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

*puts down mop*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

*puts down mop*

*lives alone*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I just clean to stop the nagging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Duggy747 wrote: »

If you saw the state of my bathroom you'd clean to stop the gagging.

Hiyo!

Am I right? This guy knows what I'm talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

all i saw is sex and away i click :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

If a married man changes the sheets and make the marital bed he is virtually guaranteed to get lucky that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,918 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Quick someone go over to the Ladies Lounge and get their opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

So men who do less housework have more sex but is it with their wives? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Duggy747 wrote: »

Tut tut newbie error, you are just inviting more nagging!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭weisses

" I want to break free"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,784 ✭✭✭✭looksee

This research was done by asking questions, right? So there are some men who are not going to admit that they do housework, because it doesn't seem macho. These same men are going to claim they get lots of sex because it is macho to get lots of sex.

Its not clear how 'lots of' is quantified.

The women meanwhile are going to under estimate the amount of housework the men do, because it still feels as though they are doing it all, but still account for all the sex, which will sway the figures even further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Quick someone go over to the Ladies Lounge and get their opinions.

*wags finger* ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭smoking_kills

looksee wrote: »
    This research was done by asking questions, right? So there are some men who are not going to admit that they do housework, because it doesn't seem macho. These same men are going to claim they get lots of sex because it is macho to get lots of sex.

The women meanwhile are going to under estimate the amount of housework the men do, because it still feels as though they are doing it all, but still account for all the sex, which will sway the figures even further.

Humm,

Generalize more about men wanting to be macho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Humm,

This do?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I don't know, when my partner does housework in the nip I just want to shag his brains out.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭TheOtherBloke

Its 2014. Look at the modern men. Most of them have that stupid haircut and tight jeans and super 'fitted' clothes. I think Hipster is the word.. and wearing glasses that arent actually glasses.. some even get their eyebrows done and so on.. what is macho these days...

Its 2014. Look at the modern men. Most of them have that stupid haircut and tight jeans and super 'fitted' clothes. I think Hipster is the word.. and wearing glasses that arent actually glasses.. some even het their eyebrows done and so on.. what is macho these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

Its 2014. Look at the modern men. Most of them have that stupid haircut and tight jeans and super 'fitted' clothes. I think Hipster is the word.. and wearing glasses that arent actually glasses.. some even het their eyebrows done and so on.. what is macho these days...

f**king right in the hole? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

looksee wrote: »

That perfectly sums up the reality of this study. I'm really surprised the results of "studies" get the air time / coverage that they do.

I've done some work as a market researcher, and it really opens your eyes. A lot of the research gets done door to door, during the day, so the views are not a general view of the population but rather those who are at home during the day, so stay at home mums, welfare recipients and the elderly.

Also when asking what their favourite tv advert was, it was truly amazing how many people said "the Heineken frogs" :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,784 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Humm,

How to miss the point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I think Rik Mayall was really sexy in Bottom whenever he was wearing a pinny and marigolds and doing the cooking and cleaning.

shrewd wrote: »

Explain :)

shrewd wrote: »

Explain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

First sentence of the article...
    If Sigmund Freud’s 30 years of research into the feminine soul failed to work out just what it is that women want, the rest of us stand little chance.

Well at least the author let us know he's a completely clueless idiot right from the get go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

95% of science reporting in the tabloid press is utterly worthless

About 60% of science reporting in the broadsheet press is also utterly worthless

Most of the 'studies' (read surveys) reported in the papers are just marketing paid for by some company or another to try and sell something and the news report is just a re-printed press release

Nothing should be accepted as a scientific study unless it has been printed in a reputable peer reviewed journal. But even newspaper reports based on these studies should be taken with a barrell full of salt as popular media very often completely misses the point of the study

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2014/08/14/couples-who-share-housework-have-the-most-sex-and-best-sex-lives/

http://www.mtv.com/news/1885862/men-housework-sex/

The article in the OP itself says that it was a 20 year study. So the results are already out of date as it's reliant on some 20 year old data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Who'd have thunk it? It's not like the Telegraph to promote a traditional stereotypical view of men and women is it?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/relationships/11284963/Men-who-do-less-housework-have-more-sex.html
    Gdammit what a stupidly written tabloid article. They should have let a woman write it, at least she would have had some insight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement