Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man treated in hospital after injecting himself with own semen

• 16-01-2019 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

This gave me a bit of a chuckle....18 months!!!

"A 33-year-old man required medical treatment at a Dublin hospital after repeatedly injecting himself with his own semen in an unusual attempt to treat his longstanding lower-back pain.

The man developed a subcutaneous abscess on his right arm, where he had been injecting himself on a monthly basis for 1½ years. A radiograph also revealed emphysema and oedema – excess watery fluid – under his skin"

Can't post links, but copy & paste!

irishtimes.com/news/health/man-treated-in-hospital-after-injecting-himself-with-own-semen-1.3759941

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Smell of Benji off him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Back pain a trouble????

Then cum in your arm......

Hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭brevity

Ewww.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Murty201 wrote: »
    "A 33-year-old man required medical treatment at a Dublin hospital after repeatedly injecting himself with his own semen in an unusual attempt to treat his longstanding lower-back pain.

I'd say he also has longstanding wrist pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Sounds like a bit of a wanker to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Just when you thought it couldn't.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

"The red area spread down his arm and hardened around the entry wound over the course of the next 24 hours, according to the case report."

Bleuuuugh!

Also, wonder how the missus will take to me calling it her "entry wound"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Toxic masculinity again. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Why, in all merciful christ would you do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

jamesbere wrote: »

Especially when he was arching that injured back earlier when knocking one out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

back pain is unknown amongst power bottoms

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Murty201

Here's a link to the source material in the Irish Medical Journal, with photographs of his swellling.....arm!

imj.ie/semenly-harmless-back-pain-an-unusual-presentation-of-a-subcutaneous-abscess

Jsut baffling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I only hope he heard of some magic serum to cure back pain, but he didn't quite hear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Jizzus!

Toxic masculinity again. :mad:

Underrated

Come, in your arm, will cause no harm, put all your back troubles away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg

Jiz. It's all anyone needs for any back pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Barry Scott's newest product "Jizz and the pain is gone"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Massiveguganga

He should have boiled the semen before injecting it to kill the germs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Here's a link to the source material in the Irish Medical Journal, with photographs of his swellling.....arm!

imj.ie/semenly-harmless-back-pain-an-unusual-presentation-of-a-subcutaneous-abscess

Jsut baffling!
    From the above article ...
    This patient’s back pain improved over the course of his inpatient stay and he opted to discharge himself without availing of an incision and drainage of the local collection.

Isn't that what got him into this problem in the first place :D

Poor guy probably isn't very well. It's not something a person would usually think of doing if they were thinking straight. I hope he's okay and doesn't harm himself again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Ah cum on now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I read it on CureZone!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

In the joy the younger guys mix their semen into their yogurts and will take their friends semen too

They genuinely believe it has the same effect as steroids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

You'd be amazed by the things people show up in A&E with. Missus had to deal with a genius who thought he could stop a fan with his erect penis. That's one that sticks in her mind to this day. Poor chap was in an awful state.

I've heard of heroin addicts who can't get a fix trying this as a sort of desperate last resort. The idea is they might be able to recycle some of the older junk still floating around inside them until they can score a proper hit. Absolutely no idea if it works for them or what the hell it does at all for that matter, but that's the thinking behind it anyway.

I've heard of heroin addicts who can't get a fix trying this as a sort of desperate last resort. The idea is they might be able to recycle some of the older junk still floating around inside them until they can score a proper hit. Absolutely no idea if it works for them or what the hell it does at all for that matter, but that's the thinking behind it anyway.

Horrifying and sad in equal measure. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I'm working with IV heroin addicts years , both in needle exchange/drug services and homeless services and have never heard of an addict do something like that.

If anything , the concentration would be so small , it wouldn't even cause a positive drug test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 swaner

Where get such idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The incident might seem nuts but I have to say severe chronic pain can really fûck with your sanity.

I mentioned in another thread that jumping off my apartment balcony flashed through my mind when I was losing my mind over a months-long bout of 10/10 back pain a few years back. It honestly momentarily seemed like a sensible solution for that moment. The pain was unrelenting and nothing, nothing we had tried worked and there was no end in sight. I could not imagine living my life like that. Luckily not long after, a diagnosis came and the doctors were finally willing to prescribe the heavy-duty painkillers.

So, I have some semblance of understanding for why the guy did the crazy thing he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

At least he didn't eat it :p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He must have been pulling his chain 5 times a day to get enough to fill the needle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,422 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He must have misheard the old saying

'' a cumshot a day keeps the doctor away''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

At least he wasn't on the horse...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,288 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He made a right balls of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

First he came for the back pain, then.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

swaner wrote: »
    Where get such idea?
    I wonder was it some misunderstanding about stem cells and that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Berserker wrote: »
    You'd be amazed by the things people show up in A&E with. Missus had to deal with a genius who thought he could stop a fan with his erect penis. That's one that sticks in her mind to this day. Poor chap was in an awful state.

And?...well...did it stop the fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

The homeless lads that hang out drinking all day near my house told me that semen is the only known cure for male pattern baldness. Every weekend I head out to them and they help me out big time. They even get some more friends to come over when I'm there so I can get as many doses on my scalp as possible. They only charge me a tenner for each load they squirt on me. They are really sound lads. :)

#bargain #nomorebaldnessforme #friends

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

semenly harmless

And......./unsubscribes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Yo, Dawg! I heard you liked junk

Advertisement