Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When sub plots from Quentin Tarantino movies come true....

• 07-01-2019 2:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭

....you know the world is not in a good place!

Apparently this really happens in America! :eek: :eek:

Irish Times reports that a woman who had been in a coma in a nursing home for TEN YEARS has given birth!

Eww!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

My wife was telling me about this yesterday afternoon, and at first I didn't reslise the woman has been in a coma for ten years, I wrongly thought the woman had been impregnated before being in a coma.

The hospital should be seeking to take mandatory DNA testing from any male who has had any unsupervised contact with this woman for the last 9 months - minimum.

Some sick and twisted people in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

....you know the world is not in a good place!

Apparently this really happens in America! :eek: :eek:

Irish Times reports that a woman who had been in a coma in a nursing home for TEN YEARS has given birth!

Eww!!!

Where do you think he got the idea from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Del2005 wrote: »
    Where do you think he got the idea from?

Indeed. And even though I'm something of a Tarantino fan I REALLY hope we don't see real-world examples of other grotesque behaviours depicted in his movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Royale with cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

No evidence that he got the idea from Kill Bill. Where did Quentin Tarantino get the idea for that part of Kill Bill? There are sick fuks out there, movies or no movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

No evidence that he got the idea from Kill Bill. Where did Quentin Tarantino get the idea for that part of Kill Bill? There are sick fuks out there, movies or no movies.

What next? Some dude involved in a motorcycle crash ends up being bummed in a basement? Sick animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Staff only knew she was pregnant when they saw the baby's head emerging. :confused: How could they not know that one of their patients was pregnant?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Staff only knew she was pregnant when they saw the baby's head emerging. :confused: How could they not know that one of their patients was pregnant?!

she's been in a coma for 10 years with no reason to suspect she was suddenly preggers...

how could they even suspect she was!

Kamili wrote: »
    she's been in a coma for 10 years with no reason to suspect she was suddenly preggers...

Bump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Bump?

Maybe she was a ‘larger’ lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Kamili wrote: »

Would they not be monitoring any changes in her body?

Would they not be monitoring any changes in her body?

Maybe she didn't show any changes! They don't even know if the baby was premature or anything. They are not neonatal nurses or midwives, they are a nursing home type set up dealing with "medically fragile" patients. They had no reason to think she was pregnant so yes they were monitoring her I'd say but with no idea or suspicion of pregnancy in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Jesus Christ! That just turned me right off my lunch. Did the woman wake up during labour and is the baby ok? I can't bring myself to read the article :(

Everything about this is so wrong.

Poor woman in a coma ends up pregnant.
    The staff have no idea that she is pregnant until she’s in Labour.

It’s not like she’s been stuffing her face with food. All her meals would probably be given via IV so calorific content is known. How did her change in body shape go unnoticed when she was washed/changed?

One things for sure, I wouldn’t want to be sick and in that care home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

****ed up for sure, but it could have been from the Almodovar movie "Talk to Her" (Habla con ella)

****ed up

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Maybe she was a ‘larger’ lady.
    After ten years on controlled food intake?

The only person who deserves blame is the rapist and you couldn't blame anyone for not thinking to check for something so horrendous, but it's just really bizarre that her growing belly wasn't noticed. Then again it could have been a really small bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Horrendous story aside, it's cruel and inhumane to be left lying in a coma for 10 years. No animal would be treated like that.

Then again it could have been a really small bump.

Thats the thing, it probably was. Particularly as no due date was expected and the baby could have been premature... that and coupled with the fact that they were only feeding for one, not for a pregnant mother.

there's very little facts out there about this one. Which is probably a good thing for the baby in its later life. Imagine finding out that gruesome past on how you came about and into the world.

May not even have been a staff member... Which is just as worrying.

Advertisement