Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pamela Anderson on #MeToo and Feminism going to far.

• 07-11-2018 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭

So would After Hours be in agreement with Pamela?
    I can see where she is coming from in places.
    I'm in my late twenties and I'd rarely encountered extreme feminists in reality and would have encountered women with similar views as Pamela's of all ages.
    I think feminism is great and has achieved a lot but everything can be taken to far at times.

“I think this feminism can go too far,” she said. “I’m a feminist, but I think that this third wave of feminism is a bore. I think it paralyzes men.”

She continued, “I think that this #MeToo movement is a bit too much for me. I’m sorry; I’ll probably get killed for saying that.”

“My mother taught me don’t go to a hotel with a stranger,” Anderson said. “If someone opens the door in a bathrobe and it’s supposed to be a business meeting, maybe I should go with somebody else. I think some things are just common sense.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pamela-anderson-doesnt-speak-baywatch-alum-bashed-criticizing-metoo-152622067.html?guccounter=1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

If Pamela's happy, I'm happy. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

I don't know what a feminist is.
    tracker-3-390x285.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Her comments expose the bullying and derogatory aspect of feminism where anyone going against the grain is ridiculed, ignored, belittled.

e.g.
    Things can go too far, like the perceived importance of Pamela Anderson’s opinions.

Does this dumb bimbo, not know that most sexual assaults are committed by people KNOWN to the victim. It's clear her mother didn't teach her common sense!

Is there a need for that? It's bullying. Clearly there is no middle ground. Anderson herself prefaces her opinion with a remark about being killed for what she's going to say. Pointing out common sense conduct becomes victim blaming in the toxic rhetoric of #metoo.

“I’m trying to tell women … be proactive as an adult who knows better — in defending themselves. Don’t get in cars with strangers. … Don’t go to hotel rooms alone for an audition. … To say I am victim blaming completely misconstrues my point. Victims are not to blame, they never are. … Predators are always to blame — solely and entirely. That doesn’t mean we can’t take common sense measures to keep ourselves safe and avoid harmful situations.”

Always figured Anderson as a smart cookie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

If more women were like Pamela Anderson there would be a lot of enraged feminists I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Common sense eh? Had almost forgotten what that was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

The thing I don't like about the #metoo movement is the instant guilty verdict of anyone men accused of sexual assault.

I probably can't say that because I'm a man though.

Advertisement