Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts on billionaire businessman Donald Trump?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

derfderf wrote: »
    I'm particularly enjoying George Takei's daily meltdown. Not a fan of Trump though.

Takei has been in an internment camp. An american internment camp. It will a lot more than trump for him to have a meltdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

He suppresses scientific knowledge about climate change. He is an anti-vaxxer. He is hostile towards his allies, like the EU, and appeases his adversaries, like Putin. He aggressively lies and spreads misinformation.

All of these have a global impact. Climate change makes me concerned for my son's future. The revival of dormant diseases like TB make me worried for him right now.

All of them are also in line with Russian foreign policy right now (even the anti vaxx movement is being propagated by them). The simplest interpretation is that he is ultimately under the control of Russia.

He suppresses scientific knowledge about climate change. He is an anti-vaxxer. He is hostile towards his allies, like the EU, and appeases his adversaries, like Putin. He aggressively lies and spreads misinformation.

All of these have a global impact. Climate change makes me concerned for my son's future. The revival of dormant diseases like TB make me worried for him right now.

All of them are also in line with Russian foreign policy right now (even the anti vaxx movement is being propagated by them). The simplest interpretation is that he is ultimately under the control of Russia.

Pure conspiracy nonsense. For the above to be in any way true Russian banks would have to have been his major source of funding for the best part of 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I agree it's a reality check when you see his climate change skepticism which is a shame really, but anti vaxxer ?
    is he really ?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

Couldn't give a flying **** about him but he seems to be driving the lefty yanks mental so its somewhat entertaining atm.

Its more than the lefty yanks he drives mental. Have a look at the anti-Trump thread in the Politics forum on here.

Pure conspiracy nonsense. For the above to be in any way true Russian banks would have to have been his major source of funding for the best part of 20 years.

I love that hector thanked that post. It seems i was far too subtle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Dunno why you think that. All sorts of leverage they could have. Pee pee tape is one possibility. There is evidence he has received significant money from them though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Personally he seems a complete arsehole but I concur, the liberals wetting themselves at every word is hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Trumps approval with blacks is 40% or so. Most people vote with their pockets.
    Did he give you that figure himself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,989 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

tenor.gif?itemid=9536199

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

lawred2 wrote: »
    Separating the children of economic migrants from parents all good with you? All good as long as a few rich liberals get irked?

FYP. Don’t enter a country illegally if you want to stay as a family unit.

Dunno why you think that. All sorts of leverage they could have. Pee pee tape is one possibility. There is evidence he has received significant money from them though.

I really am far too subtle for my own good. I need to turn the sarcasm up.

FYP. Don’t enter a country illegally if you want to stay as a family unit.

So that makes it acceptable to put children in cages and in some cases actually lose them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I hate that being liberal is now akin to being a wuss. I just want the vulnerable in society taken care of. I think I have the final say in what happens to my own body. I think you can't have a knicker fit over immigration when the whole basis of your country is based on people showing up without invitation.

This maniac doesn't actually care about anyone except himself and his inflated ego. He doesn't give a crap about his country, just himself and his interests.

You're a fool if you think otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Dingaan wrote: »
    Anyone who can annoy the liberal mob and be successful at it is a gem in my books. The left these days seem to be more concerned about identity politics and creating more pronouns than any meaningful policy.

Now I like him more and more as the charade continues and the left just double down on their Trump is a fascist nonsense.
    #
    Jackman25 wrote: »
    Its more than the lefty yanks he drives mental. Have a look at the anti-Trump thread in the Politics forum on here.

Can we quit parroting americanisms for a start, the US Dems would be considered somewhere to the right of the f*cking Tories by European standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭oceanman

the American economy is going well at the moment so he must be doing something right, I can see him easy winning a second term as most people vote with their pockets..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

For the benefit of the slower members of the forum, this is entirely true - Trump has been primarily financed by Russian banks for the last twenty years.

It's not a secret, in 2008 Trump junior said

"“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets . . . We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

oceanman wrote: »
    so he must be doing something right

Yep.. It's really simple..

Just like he promised, he's putting his country and his people first..

Enda and Leo both promised us the same but it's a quality that's deeply lacking in our politicians who all look to Berlin and Brussels for their orders and have no issue giving our money away to foreign banks and bondholders and those within our own country who least deserve it.

It's only a matter of time before a Trump like figure fills the void here.

Casey's jump from 2% to 23% in a week quite clearly demonstrated that.

If it pisses off the perpetually offended, they'll get my vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Apparently the man who has literally told thousands of lies since he became president "tells it like it is" rolleyes.png

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Apparently the man who has literally told thousands of lies since he became president "tells it like it is" rolleyes.png

He said he'd put America first.

So he's putting America first.

You mightn't like it, but it seems a growing number of Americans do..

And come election time, that's all that matters

• Advertisement

So that makes it acceptable to put children in cages and in some cases actually lose them?

Yes. They shouldn’t be there in the first place. Only people to blame are their parents.

Yes. They shouldn’t be there in the first place. Only people to blame are their parents.

you truly are an awful person.

you truly are an awful person.

Oh no. How ever will I go on??

Oh no. How ever will I go on??

Do you need a safe space or a hug :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Financially speaking, he is not a self made man. He is all hat, no cattle. He is asset rich but not cash rich.

His father was the real deal. He got involved with the family business, property development. Trump had what is termed a bull market for brains. NY real estate from the late 70's through the 80's experienced direct investment and experienced a boom. He also benefited from a 'small' loan from his old man and was ahead of the curve using that to leverage himself up to almost a billion dollars. His skill as it were was his nagging persistence into negotiating lucrative tax breaks on his property developments. This was what became his modus operandi of the art of the deal. He effectively took over as the front of his father's business, which he mostly inherited, and for which Fred was more than happy with considering his own nefarious and corrupt background.

When the inevitable happened with the economy tanking in the late 80's, he was bankrupt but realized the maxim that if you owe the bank a million it's your problem but if you owe them 100 million it's their problem was now in effect. The banks, standing to lose vast sums, sat tight and endured the downturn, writing off the hefty interest rates on Trumps loans who threatened to default and declare bankruptcy. Trump, a master at self promotion, exploited their decision to sit on the assets and loans and marketed this as the art of the comeback.

Through the 90's and into the recovery and another boom, it was wash, rinse and repeat for Trump however the banks had learned their lesson and so his property business went abroad for even more leverage as he was deemed toxic with domestic banks.

So while privately he inherited a fortune and is regarded as a buffoon, publicly he honed and perfected the image of a cut throat, no nonsense business man negotiating million dollar deals for breakfast. He is the pop culture image of what a millionaire/billionaire is to the public i.e. gold taps, opulent mansions, helicopter rides to Manhattan, the uber confident sales patter, the beautiful wife, the blonde mistress with gigantic fake tits. All of it being impression management. I've always thought that a bully bullies other because they have something tangible which the bully does not have. I believe in Trumps case it amounts to no more than simple and genuine respect. He wants it and needs it but he has never gotten it from those he wants it from. The public and strangers to him might respect him for the image he's cultivated but he has never gotten it from the self made's who see through his bull**** completely. Even up to becoming POTUS hasn't earned him that respect. He is still regarded as a buffoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

There is. One of his sons said it on TV.

If the tape of him using the n word exists, it will come out for the next election. He probably won't be voted in in the next election, but some easy money can be made by betting that he will be president in 2020. This term ends in January I believe so a technical win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

He gets stuff done, unlike our shower of talking wasters. The trolley crisis back in the news now as usual. Housing crisis... The usual stuff that has been talked about here for decades and no change :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

oceanman wrote: »
    the American economy is going well at the moment so he must be doing something right, I can see him easy winning a second term as most people vote with their pockets..

The economy goes in cycles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

If the tape of him using the n word exists, it will come out for the next election. He probably won't be voted in in the next election, but some easy money can be made by betting that he will be president in 2020. This term ends in January I believe so a technical win.

I'm still convinced he ll get a second term, the Democrats are in a terrible mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Idbatterim wrote:
    He gets stuff done, unlike our shower of talking wasters. The trolley crisis back in the news now as usual. Housing crisis... The usual stuff that has been talked about here for decades and no change

He gets fcuk all done, a large proportion of Americans are struggling with large amounts of debt, with student debt heading towards 2 trillion! Many with very little health care cover, many working low paid jobs, sometimes more than one, in order to survive, this administration is just accelerating inequalities and further increasing worker insecurity, getting stuff done, me hole!

Idbatterim wrote: »
    He gets stuff done, unlike our shower of talking wasters. The trolley crisis back in the news now as usual. Housing crisis... The usual stuff that has been talked about here for decades and no change :rolleyes:

In a nutshell.

He's a doer.

We don't have any of them..

Imagine what we could achieve as a nation if we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Yeah, politics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement