Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tony O Brien and Simon Harris

• 05-11-2018 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭

I cant post a link too the interview Tony O Brien gave to the Sunday Business Post but he basically said Simon Harris behaved like a frightened little boy in the cervical scandal scandal. He also sa id the Public Account Committee was like a kangeroo court and Sinn Feins behaviour t it was the worst of all the Political parties. He had special mention for Marc Mc Sharry, he called him the angriest man in Ireland.

This seems to be a new for Public Servants, actually saying things as they are.

I agree with him about Harris and I heard Mary Lou McDonald shouting in the early stages about how awful the cervical cancer mess was, she shut up fast once she got a grasp of the facts and she hasnt associated herself with it since.

I heard Marc Mc Sharry ranting on radio about it too and he was appalling, I looked him up to see who he was because I had never heard of him prior to him climbing on the soapbox/wanderly waggon.

I think Tony O Brien has made some very good points.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

O'Brien is a disgrace.
    His stewardship of the HSE was marked by scanal after scandal lies and cover ups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

The HSe should be totally privatised and there needs to be up to 50,000 immediate firings and redundancies. The amount of bureaucracy, management and general jobsworth pencil pushers is a total disgrace. Meanwhile Nurses, Doctors and frontline staff are shortchanged with lack of staff and lower payscales. The HSE is corrupt to the core and it should be privatised with payment from the state based on healthcare delivered to patients. The waiting lists would quickly shorten. Like everything in Ireland the diseases of liberalism and trade-unions have wrecked everything. We pay over 70% in total tax and get nothing in return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I happen to agree with Tony O'Brien on his attack on the minister. We nearly lost the cervical screening programme entirely because Simon was so busy virtue signalling that it never seemed to dawn on him that the cervical screen contractors would need more money to spend more time on the screening and also would need to be compensated for the Ministers and Taoiseach's folly in basically deciding that the cervical screening program would work on the basis of "we find your cancer or give you €7.5M". What the hell is this going to cost us going forward? Did he even manage to get the Americans back on board?

A month after a budget which increased Health spending by something like €1.2 Bn, the consultants are all over the news saying our trolley crisis this year will be the worst ever unless we hire even more staff and pay them even more.

The Govt spend on Health will be around €17Bn next year, plus the standard over-run, plus the €5Bn or so that the HSE gets from sources other than the Govt (Charging Health insurers, A&E fees, X-Ray charges, car parking etc). That's a total spend of over €22Bn on a population of 4.5M. That's roughly €5K for every man woman and child in the country. That is utter madness and all the vested interests keep banging on looking for more and more funds to bung into a totally dysfunctional system. Its all building nicely for our next financial crisis. It's a good job all is rosy in the garden and we will never see another bad day again. Brexit? Sure that's the Brits' problem, we're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

DChancer wrote: »
    O'Brien is a disgrace.
    His stewardship of the HSE was marked by scanal after scandal lies and cover ups.

Well at least the ministers for health, both past and present had no responsibility for him having the job...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

Someone needs to go over to someone else in the hospital and shout in their face "Damn it, when we screw up patients die" followed by a fight. Then the Dean calms matters in her office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Someone needs to go over to someone else in the hospital and shout in their face "Damn it, when we screw up patients die" followed by a fight. Then the Dean calms matters in her office.

Sounds good to me. Let's shoot a pilot and see how it is received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

theguzman wrote: »
    The HSe should be totally privatised and there needs to be up to 50,000 immediate firings and redundancies. The amount of bureaucracy, management and general jobsworth pencil pushers is a total disgrace. Meanwhile Nurses, Doctors and frontline staff are shortchanged with lack of staff and lower payscales. The HSE is corrupt to the core and it should be privatised with payment from the state based on healthcare delivered to patients. The waiting lists would quickly shorten. Like everything in Ireland the diseases of liberalism and trade-unions have wrecked everything. We pay over 70% in total tax and get nothing in return.

That's what the government wants. Only people losing out will be the general public when its ran like a business. No money? Tough ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

This was Harney's doing. She was Minister when the contract was tendered for the programme was she not?

Lazy sack of sh*t; Harris has already done more for this country than that C*NT ever did.

theguzman wrote: »
    The HSe should be totally privatised and there needs to be up to 50,000 immediate firings and redundancies.

Oh Jesus. So much wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

We could set up a utiliy. Irish Health.
    Install meters on the beds.

• Advertisement

I was calling for the HSE to be run by private enterprise but for the status quo of coverage levels to remain the same.

E.g. The NCT is privately run on behalf of the Government, why not run the HSE privately on behalf of the people, poor or rich but instead of political pigs at the trough and crony appointments run it as a business where they make money from treating patients.

The HSE currently is a disgrace and totally not fit for purpose, it burns through over €12 billion a year and its biggest function is as a social employment scheme for crony political hack appointments and patients and actual healthcare come far down the pecking order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Simple Simon is interested in one thing and one thing only

Popularity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Are we sure Simon Harris isnt actually a 12 year old boy?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Simple Simon is interested in one thing and one thing only

Popularity

He has been totally obsessed with Abortion and spent more time of social issues than actual Healthcare. Whilst these are very valid and important issues, it seems that small minor issues are getting far more priority than the bigger picture at work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭Odhinn

tretorn wrote: »
    I cant post a link too the interview Tony O Brien gave to the Sunday Business Post but he basically said Simon Harris behaved like a frightened little boy in the cervical scandal scandal. He also sa id the Public Account Committee was like a kangeroo court and Sinn Feins behaviour t it was the worst of all the Political parties. He had special mention for Marc Mc Sharry, he called him the angriest man in Ireland.

This seems to be a new for Public Servants, actually saying things as they are.

I agree with him about Harris and I heard Mary Lou McDonald shouting in the early stages about how awful the cervical cancer mess was, she shut up fast once she got a grasp of the facts and she hasnt associated herself with it since.

I heard Marc Mc Sharry ranting on radio about it too and he was appalling, I looked him up to see who he was because I had never heard of him prior to him climbing on the soapbox/wanderly waggon.

I think Tony O Brien has made some very good points.

He should invest in a few white t-shirts and call out harris by way of a you tube video. Harris should reply in the same manner.

Advertisement