Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where have all the fireworks gone?

• 11-10-2016 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,506 ✭✭✭✭
    M

It's just under 3 weeks to go to Halloween and I have yet to hear or see a single firework going off. Any been used in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

There has been numerous fireworks and bangers going off around me every night since about the last wk in Sept. Dogs are beginning to lose their hair around us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,322 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Only in the bedroom*

*That's a complete lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Now that you mention it I haven't heard one yet. Usually they be going off from late September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I live in Dundalk which resembles downtown Baghdad on a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Much harder to get up north and the 3000 euro fine and your car seized takes the fun out of importing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Much harder to get up north and the 3000 euro fine and your car seized takes the fun out of importing them

Wish it would work for here!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Grayson wrote: »
    Only in the bedroom*

[

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Heard the first firework the other night. Nothing since. Live in North West Dublin too.

Guess they are just getting cranked down on more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Plenty being set off around here since last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

I heard a few one evening about a month ago and that was it. Some years back they used start around end of August and continue up to almost December. Definitely not on the same scale as they used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,646 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Probably because of Pokeman or they decided to dress up as clowns instead and scare people.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

What :confused:

Are you saying that if I drive up North and buy a family box of fireworks and then on the way back down I get stopped in the South by the Gardai, that they will seize my car and fine me 3000 Euro.

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

It's just under 3 weeks to go to Halloween and I have yet to hear or see a single firework going off. Any been used in your area?

All the traditions we grew up with are well and truly dying out unfortunately.

I can remember when I was a kid looking forward to all the horror films that would be shown on the telly halloween week, now you will be hard pressed to even find a horror movie on T.V. on halloween night.

Good for the internet now you can make your own T.V guide for the day, you decide what movies you want to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

LordSutch wrote: »
    What :confused:

Are you saying that if I drive up North and buy a family box of fireworks and then on the way back down I get stopped in the South by the Gardai, that they will seize my car and fine me 3000 Euro.

Really?

Yes and no. The fine is not 3000 but 2500. Legislation was tightened up in 2006 and bangers are now defined as fireworks April 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,840 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've actually noticed that their back this year compared to the last few years!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Santa is already in M&S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭JimmyTClarke

Santa is already in M&S

You think that's bad? He has been in Brown Thomas since August :-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I gather it's a lot harder to get them in the city centre these days as well which is a shame. As in, if you can't drive up North, you can't get them at all. Seems the days of 'aul wans selling them at open air markets are gone.

Interestingly, a friend of mine has mentioned that the National Ploughing Championships has become the new drop zone for the black market... Seems like a strange place for them to set up shop but there you go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

The youth of today. Lazy bastids with their couches and technologies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Lad on our street has been setting them off most nights since August. Seems to be his kids bedtime ritual.
    Some parents read bedtime stories, this lad sets off fireworks in the garden.

• Advertisement
Advertisement