Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your favourite treat

• 10-10-2016 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭

Extra bit of cash laying about. How would you choose to spend it?

Mine, probably a back massage. With elbows digging into my knots.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Probably the same but with a happy ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

How much money?

A bottle of good whiskey.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Frozen Lasagne's and cool pops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

osarusan wrote: »
    How much money?

A bottle of good whiskey.

Let's say 100!
    Though poor bap will be eating cool pops for ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Usually if we have a bit of extra cash to spare, oh and I would go out for a nice meal, probably once a month or every two months.

A while ago, his boss gave him a voucher for a seafood restaurant that's fairly expensive. It was so nice though but we ate way too much. We were laughing because we worked it out so that we spent the exact amount of the voucher :) Obviously we gave the tip ourselves. I cant wait to go back there but maybe we'l be a little less indulgent next time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Let's say 100!
    Though poor bap will be eating cool pops for ever!

That's the dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Clea

I'll prob spend it for some presents or would save it.. Wish if 100€ would stay extra extra after I tick all of the boxes on my spend-list : ).

However as I got few times those One4All cards that I HAD to spend, I used it for techy things such as home music player and alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Technological gadgets.

Single Malt.

Homebrew equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

100 yoyos?

Tie it to back of my car, and drive through some impoverished area of the country... watch as mayhem ensues!

Or maybe walk along a taxi rank in town waving the note around, and watch as all taxi drivers crash into each other trying to get the fare!

You could cook up plenty of fun stuff, if you use your imagination!

Or just do something boring like buying an overpriced consumer product of your choosing. Depends what mood I'm in a suppose...

Oooohh I love treats!!

When I have a spare bit of money I go in to Space NK and get some lovely Chantecaille lip gloss. Maybe some fancy knickers. Or more than just one book but three or four. A nice scarf or handbag either. Although scarves are becoming a bit of an issue for me. I feckin love them! Last week I got a gorgeous yellow one in H&M. It's so soft and wintery.

Ah love this time of year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Probably go for a facial in a nice spa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Massage, bj, and a cherry bakewell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

A few slices of Halloween brack, toasted and plastered with butter (proper heart-attack butter). And a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Clea

Do you really dislike spending money on yourself or something?
    No, it's just my current situation. I'd consider getting some nice blazer or cardigan for work or something like that I presume. However it's been ageeees since I got me a massage TBH :).

Besides I love techy things so that treat is very nice one for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I don't want to sound like a dick, but I'm running out of things to treat myself to. I have most gizmos for my TV & Sound System, I get a new batch of beers delivered each month, I like to cook and have every gadget going. I buy a good few books. I'll go to as many football matches as I can. I'm not in to trendy clothes, so no purchases there. Hopefully, this thread will give me a few ideas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Massage, bj, and a cherry bakewell

Mrs Chancer3001 sounds like a keeper. :D

Advertisement