Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoneline ducting damaged after meter installation.

Options
  • 12-01-2019 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello,

I discovered a blockage in my phoneline ducting when trying to upgrade to fibre last week. There seems to be a blockage in the area where the water meter was installed. What can IW do to help?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi Underhauled,

Thanks for your message.

Would you mind sending a PM with the following details and we can look into this:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact number.

Thanks in advance,
    Allanah

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Underhauled

Hi Underhauled,

Thanks for your message.

Would you mind sending a PM with the following details and we can look into this:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact number.

Thanks in advance,
    Allanah

And sent.

Hi Underhauled,

Thanks for your PM.

We respond to queries in the order they are received and a member of our team will respond shortly.

Thanks,
    Allanah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

We respond to queries in the order they are received and a member of our team will respond shortly.
    Translation: do not expect the problem to be dealt with in any sort of timely fashion. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Translation: do not expect the problem to be dealt with in any sort of timely fashion. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The Irish Water reps are very good in fairness.

Hi Underhauled,
    And sent.

A member of our team has now responded to your PM.

Thanks,
    Allanah

Well now. An IW tech appeared at my door today. We had a brief chat and he said that they will be back over the next couple of weeks to check it out. Hopefully with shovels.

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi Underhauled,
    Well now. An IW tech appeared at my door today. We had a brief chat and he said that they will be back over the next couple of weeks to check it out. Hopefully with shovels.
    We are glad to hear this and hope that this matter is resolved for you soon.

Kind regards,
    Niamh

I'll keep you all posted don't worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

What happens if IW undertake works based on your complaint and then find that your issue is not of their making.
    Will they invoice you in such a situation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Irish Water: Alex M

Hi mickdw,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Would you mind sending us a DM with further details on your query so that we can look into this for you?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sorry, I don't have a query. I was just mentioning in relation to the OPs case. If IW come out at the OPs request, spend time and money investigating the issue and discover that they did not cause it.
    Will they be invoicing the OP for expenses incurred.

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi mickdw,
    mickdw wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't have a query. I was just mentioning in relation to the OPs case. If IW come out at the OPs request, spend time and money investigating the issue and discover that they did not cause it.
    Will they be invoicing the OP for expenses incurred.
    An investigation is to determine the cause of this matter, and if it is an Irish Water related, repair works will be undertaken as soon as possible.

As an investigation is used to determine whether this is an Irish Water related matter and an invoice is not required for this.

Thanks,
    Niamh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

An investigation dig will be carried out at the Boundary Box. 

Thanks.

Tommy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Irish Water: Mairead

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for updating us and if you have any further queries, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Mairead

An investigation dig will be carried out at the Boundary Box. 

Thanks.

Tommy.

Are you working for IW? If so when can i expect a team on site?

Or are you just stating a fact?

Still waiting.

Hi Underhauled,
    Still waiting.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience. A member of our team has responded to you via PM.

Thanks,
    Allanah

Advertisement