Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't bank have ATM machines that take in money?

Options
  • 25-12-2007 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I'd love to be able to put money directly into my account through an ATM, coins and notes
    I'd save a sh1t ton :D

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They do. Not many and they don't put the cash straight in; but there *are* ATMs that have quick lodgement slots on them, my local PermanentTSB does anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I'd love to be able to put money directly into my account through an ATM, coins and notes
    And I'd hate to be in the queue behind you, waiting for you to feed in all the coins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

There are some spars which have a machine into which you can dump all your coins. It gives you a receipt which you redemm for cash, though the spar take 10%. Still worth it though, got a crap load of money from a jar I had in my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'd save a sh1t ton :D

People are impatient - just watch a queue behind the person at a LUAS machine, or coffee machine. In short: World ****ing peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

ATM Machines?

Automated Teller Machine Machines.

What are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I'd love to be able to put money directly into my account through an ATM
    MYOB wrote: »
    They do. Not many and they don't put the cash straight in; but there *are* ATMs that have quick lodgement slots on them, my local PermanentTSB does anyway.

They don't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

andrew wrote: »
    There are some spars which have a machine into which you can dump all your coins. It gives you a receipt which you redemm for cash, though the spar take 10%. Still worth it though, got a crap load of money from a jar I had in my room.
    My mammy says that they only give you store credit?

If she lied to me!!! God help her!!

irlrobins wrote: »
    And I'd hate to be in the queue behind you, waiting for you to feed in all the coins.

make way for the king :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

DesF wrote: »
    ATM Machines?

What are they?

Machines that tell you things automatically?

• Advertisement

''Kill that kitten''

andrew wrote: »

I know about them but the reason i want a proper ATM that takes notes and coins, is so i can save, everytime i walk past an ATM i could insert my card and throw all my change into my account
    daveirl wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

But do they go directly into account and can take notes and coins?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Some Bank of Ireland's have lodgement machines (the one opposite Trinity does) and Permanent TSBs do as well.

Keep a coin box in your house.. You'd be amazed how much you'd save over a couple of months. I logded €450 yesterday in coins and didn't even finish counting what was in my coin tin.

DesF wrote: »
    ATM Machines?

What are they?

So sorry, i forgot everything on boards had to be fu(king perfect

Get down off yourself
    dudara wrote: »
    Some Bank of Ireland's have lodgement machines (the one opposite Trinity does) and Permanent TSBs do as well.

How do they work? Do they take coins and notes?
    Keep a coin box in your house.. You'd be amazed how much you'd save over a couple of months. I logded €450 yesterday in coins and didn't even finish counting what was in my coin tin.

I'll spend it if i leave it at home :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Karoma wrote: »
    People are impatient - just watch a queue behind the person at a LUAS machine, or coffee machine. In short: World ****ing peace.

People should be impatient. Many of you already waste entire years of your lives just queuing for stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They don't

Congratulations! You ignored the ENTIRE REST OF MY POST! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'll spend it if i leave it at home :o
    Then you don't deserve to own money.

You should see this as an opportunity to create something useful. Patent the idea of a box you throw money into that goes directly into your account.

Most Greek ATMs have the capability to lodge money (notes) into them, Greece not being at the forefront of technology I'd be amazed if this isn't more widespread in Ireland soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

AIB used to have plenty of them inside the branches but apparently they had a lot of scams going through them (don't ask for a reputable source...I got it from a friend who worked in AIB headquarters). Dunno if they'll start it up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Scams? Like what, dodgy cheques or counterfeit notes? That would be somewhat counterproductive I would have thought, since after inserting card and keying in your PIN, anything you lodge could be directly linked to you.
    Whatever about lodging notes or coins ( :rolleyes: coins aren't real money), the facility to lodge a cheque is a gaping hole in the ATM system. I get paid by cheque and need to take half a working day off every month just to lodge my amassed salary....yet business users have had a drop safe facility for decades.
    Bottom line is that banks don't give a flying f*ck about small time customers or they would have introduced widespread ATM lodging facilities years ago...

• Advertisement
Advertisement