Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BLM, or WLM? [MOD WARNING: FIRST POST]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,940 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

mynamejeff wrote: »
    don't you think its add that a very small number of people spend all their time pushing one specific radical agenda in another country ? regardless of evidence logic or facts

your fellow pro blm poster has called various posters racist on the biases that they disagree with his point of view ,

I find that disgusting but every one gets a opinion I guess

Link to this poster doing this please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

I've won several, thank you. ;)

Not that it has an bearing on my post.

no , you think you've one several ,

theres a hell of a difference kid

mynamejeff wrote: »
    no , you think you've one several ,

theres a hell of a difference kid

:(:(:(

That's me told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,065 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

gozunda wrote: »
    I'd suggest reading the whole comment in context and not twist it to feign indignation

"Any decent person would condem same and not try to deflect 'cos well someone somewhere else did something" by posting a tit for tat video and demanding others condem that.

Prizes are normally awarded for that type of waltzing tbf ...

I'll enhance the question to suit:

So unless someone wastes time posting a perfunctory condemnation of the video dump, they aren't decent people if they happen to post commentary on a separate incident?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Overheal wrote: »
    I'll enhance the question to suit:

So unless someone wastes time posting a perfunctory condemnation of the video dump, they aren't decent people if they happen to post commentary on a separate incident?

Moving the goalposts now eh :pac:

You're statement is completely inaccurate btw And no not "commentary" - rather Tit fir tat videos and u forgot about the bit then demanding others condem that instead* ...

I'm sorry but I'm going to leave you there. Unfortunately it's little better than pulling teeth at this stage ...

*eg.
    ...not commenting when again, you don't comment on a specific post asking for your input?

• Advertisement

Moving the goslposts now eh :pac:

And not ommentary rzther Tit fir tat videos snd u forgot about the bit about demanding others condem that instead ...

Except there was no 'demand'...

Moving the goslposts now eh :pac:

Not at all. You urged me to reference your broader statement (even bolded it) so I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Can anyone speak to what the latest news is regarding BLM in general? I've not seen or heard much in the news, maybe I'm not looking in the right places but it feels like interest in it is waning.

Can anyone speak to what the latest news is regarding BLM in general? I've not seen or heard much in the news, maybe I'm not looking in the right places but it feels like interest in it is waning.

The democrats realised it was having adverse effects on their election chances and they were stood down..

There are more dominating current affairs, such as the supreme court vacancy.

• Advertisement

I believe that's a fairly correct summation. A number of factors including blm leadership not standing up against the ongoing violence of the protests and the looming election means that many people have moved away from what in effect has become an overt anti police and a generally anarchist style movement

That said it hasn't stopped those who generally sign up for every other pc outrage to remain hanging on for grim death. Imo blm have sadly done significant damage to the broader minority rights movement

I believe that's a fairly correct summation. A number of factors including blm leadership not standing up against the ongoing violence of the protests and the looming election means that many people have moved away from what in effect has become an overt anti police and a generally anarchist style movement

That said it hasn't stopped those who generally sign up for every other pc outrage to remain hanging on for grim death. Imo blm have sadly done significant damage to the broader minority rights movement

Seems like an erroneous summation given that just in the last few days, the city of Louisville settled with the estate of Breonna Taylor, and even just hours before the passing of RBG Trump was actively rallying against the 1619 Project.

A lot of recency bias confined to this past weekend would have you believe the movement had vanished, but is hasn't:

https://wset.com/news/local/hundreds-of-radford-university-students-host-blm-protest-amid-ongoing-covid-worries
    https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news/portsmouth/blm-holds-sunday-protest-in-portsmouth-calling-to-stop-corruption-defund-police/
    https://www.wavy.com/news/local-news/virginia-beach/blm-holds-protest-at-oceanfront-to-mark-5-year-anniversary-india-kager-death/
    https://www.myheraldreview.com/woman-pepper-sprayed-at-blm-protest/article_70d4c382-fac4-11ea-9b73-6be71ca31d08.html
    https://www.newsweek.com/trump-supporter-pointed-shotgun-blm-protest-arrested-1532668
    https://www.phillymag.com/news/2020/09/17/bryan-turner-philadelphia-police-lawsuit/
    https://www.michiganadvance.com/2020/09/16/study-97-of-black-lives-matter-protests-have-been-peaceful-in-michigan/

They cancelled their seige of the white house too though,..

I'm not sure what siege you're referring to but like I said this weekend has been dominated by the death of RBG and the vacancy on the court. Vigils have been held all weekend in D.C. - and across the nation.

There was plans of a 50 day seige of the white house from the other day until the election.. they decided not to go ahead with it..

Erroneous? That's a no lol. And I didn't say 'vanished' btw ...

As you said
    There are more dominating current affairs, such as the supreme court vacancy.

A long running settlement, some bored University students with little to do because of Covid plus some obscure media stories are hardly indicatative of general interest tbf.

And remember Trump and Biden are in full election paraphernalia for the upcoming election. Anything that can get thrown will be :pac:

That and Blm are on the way out imo for failing to control its fanatical element. T'is a pity. They could have some some good.

There was plans of a 50 day seige of the white house from the other day until the election.. they decided not to go ahead with it..

I see what you're talking about now. Crank group of Canadians on facebook. Doesn't appear any paper of record or any US based group took the matter seriously.

That lot sound like a right hoot :pac:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/marxist-planned-50-day-siege-at-white-house-set-to-begin-today-fizzles-with-empty-park
    The violent, destructive protests in major cities across the country were expected to reach a sustained 50-day apex with thousands of protesters “laying siege” to the White House starting at noon September 17 and lasting until Election Day, November 3.

And
    Siege masterminds had sought to siphon energy — as well as thousands of Antifa and Black Lives Matter adherents — from the protests in Milwaukee, Seattle, Portland, Kenosha, and other cities...

However, the organizers of the grandiose plan began backpedaling a couple weeks ago, presumably because they realized that the destructive nature of proliferating urban civil unrest was not sitting well with the American people, and “laying siege” to the White House might damage their cause.

Protests are still going on.

For example, the Boston region.

Of course, probably not of much interest given that thankfully they are largely violence free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Protests are still going on.

For example, the Boston region.

Of course, probably not of much interest given that thankfully they are largely violence free.

Anyone familiar with Boston will spot the conmon theme between most of those locations.

Very rich and very white.

The key pillars for an area to have a vibrant BLM presence.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with Boston will spot the conmon theme between most of those locations.

Very rich and very white.

The key pillars for an area to have a vibrant BLM presence.

If so, probably places where a lot of influential decision makers live or pass through.

Ideal spot to draw attention to a cause wouldn't you say?

If so, probably places where a lot of influential decision makers live or pass through.

Ideal spot to draw attention to a cause wouldn't you say?

Its where the bulk of the protesters live.

Its where the bulk of the protesters live.

Is it?

So what does that mean? That the protests aren't happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

Again, 'not jump straight' as you missed it the last time.

Here is you ‘jumping straight to...’ , again.

Seems a bizarre suggestion that you can be inside your own house and that someone outside it can not follow procedure and shoot in resulting in your death and that ultimately no one might have behaved criminally.

I’ll leave it there.

On the ground. Blm riots cause over $1 billon dollars of damage

Headlines: 'Firey but mostly peaceful protests' ...

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,430 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

On the ground. Blm riots cause over $1 billon dollars of damage

Headlines: 'Firey but mostly peaceful protests' ...

[/quote]

Peaceful fires.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

All I know is I’m glad that Sligo Rovers and Finn Harps took the knee last week because the North West of Ireland is clearly a hot bed of racism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

nullzero wrote: »

Peaceful fires.[/quote]

Does anyone watch John Oliver ? Caught him before the excellent Bill Maher on occasions and he is stoking this vandalism up.

He aired a rant by a woman defending looting and arson by saying “Why should we care about this society as it don’t care about us”. A black store owner was in the background seeing his home and business set ablaze by his own community.

How can that be defended??,

It's mostly black businesses that are being destroyed and robbed in the protests.

Most of the protesters are rich white kids from the suburbs.

The poor black businessman whose life is destroyed is collateral damage in their struggle/search for a cause for the summer and ate forgotten about as the protesters get bored, return to college.

• Advertisement

It's mostly black businesses that are being destroyed and robbed in the protests.

Saw a clip of a black lady who owned a store admonishing the scumbags wrecking her business. Saying it’s not me you should be destroying. Does that insinuate it’s ok to wreck the businesses of non-black people?

Omackeral wrote: »
    All I know is I’m glad that Sligo Rovers and Finn Harps took the knee last week because the North West of Ireland is clearly a hot bed of racism.

Oh and Cobh Ramblers too, thank god.

Oh and Cobh Ramblers too, thank god.

I’ve an aunt in Cobh. Who knew what a racially stoked town it was??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Gervais08 wrote: »
    I’ve an aunt in Cobh. Who knew what a racially stoked town it was??!!

The ba5tard hill in Cobh is racist to fat people. :D

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The ba5tard hill in Cobh is racist to fat people. :D

Oh it is!!!!

https://twitter.com/adejokxe/status/1293609704434925574

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Thats Galway, not the north-west, its very different there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

This whole BLM narrative is that Black people are the only people who do not have agency over their own lives which I would deeply offended by if i was a black person.

It pre-supposes certain characteristics/opinions based on the colour of a persons skin which is a little bit, oh whats the word?.....

John Doe1 wrote: »
    This whole BLM narrative is that Black people are the only people who do not have agency over their own lives which I would deeply offended by if i was a black person.

It pre-supposes certain characteristics/opinions based on the colour of a persons skin which is a little bit, oh whats the word?.....

Link to this narrative please.

Sligo
    Stark reality of everyday racism revealed in Sligo service reports
    Victims urged to break silence and speak out on racist incidents
    A Dublin-born third-level student answers a room-for- rent ad and is told on the phone that the room is still available and she should come and see it. When the landlady answers the door she insists that there is no room and that there had been no phone call. The student hits the redial button and the phone in the landlady’s hand rings.

The student with the pronounced Dublin accent is black. So is the medic in need of a pair of running shoes. The mother standing in the rain with her crying baby is from a minority ethnic group.

Although, going by the benchmark on this thread, if they didn't use the N word, then it wasn't really racism, was it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

https://twitter.com/JamesSavundra/status/1308013165125554178?s=19

Sky have been put into their box over criticising QPR for not bending the knee. The beautiful thing about is that Sky Sports News have to read out the quotes whilst wearing their fancy BLM Pin Badges :pac:

EDIT: I just watched SSN and they actually left out the part about hashtags and pin badges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Cool to stereotype the whole North West as racist based on that incident? There's always going to be racists out there. It shouldn't be acceptable to say all white people are racist (like some are doing). If it is, and we're going to stereotype a whole race based on a minority, then well, we're going to have some fun.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Saw a clip of a black lady who owned a store admonishing the scumbags wrecking her business. Saying it’s not me you should be destroying. Does that insinuate it’s ok to wreck the businesses of non-black people?

Why are you making it a binary on race of business owners?
    If the issue protestors are having is with police malfeasance, and if it is concluded that non-violent protest has not worked would not the correct target of violence be police and government assets? Burn parked patrol cars, smash police station windows, as opposed to businesses trying to get by?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

https://twitter.com/JamesSavundra/status/1308013165125554178?s=19

Sky have been put into their box over criticising QPR for not bending the knee. The beautiful thing about is that Sky Sports News have to read out the quotes whilst wearing their fancy BLM Pin Badges :pac:

EDIT: I just watched SSN and they actually left out the part about hashtags and pin badges

Binned my Sky Sports package because the amount of virtue signalling went through the roof recently. Now pay 9.99 a month for the same as i had before with a box and a dish. Thanks BLM :D

Watch the same people tie themselves up in knots when it’s revealed that’s a Traveller abusing the girl.

Watch the same people tie themselves up in knots when it’s revealed that’s a Traveller abusing the girl.

All I'm seeing is 'the same people' bursting a gut to try to suggest there isn't racism in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

All I'm seeing is 'the same people' bursting a gut to try to suggest there isn't racism in Ireland.

nj27 wrote: »

See below.
    titan18 wrote: »
    Cool to stereotype the whole North West as racist based on that incident? There's always going to be racists out there. It shouldn't be acceptable to say all white people are racist (like some are doing). If it is, and we're going to stereotype a whole race based on a minority, then well, we're going to have some fun.

titan18 wrote: »

Did you miss post 6190?

Who is saying all white people are racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

See below.

Preferably examples that don’t include a phrase which directly contradicts your statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Cordell

There isn't. There is no level of racism in Ireland that justifies the existence of NGOs and action plans to fight it. But there are scumbags, like the one in the video, but they are not the racism in Ireland. They are scumbags.

• Advertisement
Advertisement