Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Teacher Looking to Teach in Ireland

Options
  • 07-09-2020 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I have been teaching for 10 years now in America and am looking to move my family (Wife and two daughters) to Ireland by next year. I love teaching and have even won teaching awards here, and I really want to continue teaching over in Ireland. I am looking for any advice or tips on what I should do or what course of action I should take. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aratsarse101

Primary or second level?
    Do you speak Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Sbraun wrote: »
    Hello,

I have been teaching for 10 years now in America and am looking to move my family (Wife and two daughters) to Ireland by next year. I love teaching and have even won teaching awards here, and I really want to continue teaching over in Ireland. I am looking for any advice or tips on what I should do or what course of action I should take. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Your first port of call needs to br the teaching council. You need to be registered with them before you can get work. You need to contact them and thdy will look for verification of your qualifications and will advise you if you need any additional credits to teach.
    If teaching primary level (up to 12 year olds)you need a qualification in the Irish language.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sbraun

Your first port of call needs to br the teaching council. You need to be registered with them before you can get work. You need to contact them and thdy will look for verification of your qualifications and will advise you if you need any additional credits to teach.
    If teaching primary level (up to 12 year olds)you need a qualification in the Irish language.

Best of luck.

Thank you so much! I’ve been trying to navigate the Teaching Counsel website and application but it’s not the most user friendly. I’m going to try and contact them tomorrow via phone. Thank you again for your help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

to work with kids now you need Garda getting
    you might have to apply for fbi report
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/abroad/can-my-american-boyfriend-work-in-ireland-as-a-teacher-1.3458279?mode=amp

Advertisement