Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Citywatches.ie

• 07-12-2018 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭

Thinking of getting eirher a Seiko 5 or an Orient Mako.
    CreationWatches.com hsve good prices even allowing for import vat.

Citywatches,ie hsve similar prices to Creation and give the impression that their watches are sent from within the EU, so no import duty

Has anybody used them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It looks like they are the same crowd as creation watches, going by the domain information.

They do kind of imply that they ship from the EU, but they don't outright say it.

Edit - they have a .co.uk and a .fr domain too. Fairly sure they're just hoovering up local domain names but still shipping from Singapore.

I don't see any implication that they ship from the EU or otherwise get around customs fees. Albeit I only glanced at the site.

From their T&C
    Payment and Importation

Import duties and local taxes are NOT included in the quoted price of goods being delivered to any location unless explicitly stated. You will be responsible for the paying of any and all import duties and local taxes including any administration charges upon receipt. You will also be responsible for clearance of the items by providing all necessary information to the customs if they require it.

We offer Free DHL Express Shipping for Ireland domestic orders, irrespective of the order size! Orders are shipped within 24 hours and it usually takes 2-4 days for the package to be delivered.

That implies it's local IMO.

Could be. At best I would say the site is ambiguous, you can read it either way depending on which page you're looking at.
    I would send them a mail and find out for sure before ordering anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

In the EU all advertised prices must be inclusive of sales taxes and extras such as delivery clearly stated?

Having a .ie website implies being Ireland based to me.

• Advertisement

They have eased the rules on getting a .ie domain. You just need to prove that you're selling to (not in) Ireland. Email them and ask is the best bet.

They just replied to my email - the watches are sent from Singapore and i would need to check customs charges myself

Its Creationwatches under a different name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

Seem to have slightly different stock to creation and prices are a bit peculiar as well.

Take a look at creation, they currently have one omega in stock. This city website has 4. One of those is a leather strapped de Ville. It is being sold for € 3272, they are suggesting that the rrp is € 5141. That watch is listed on omega's website for € 3175. I have that watch and bought it new for a good bit less than the omega suggested price.

Not saying they are not the same company, just pointing out something I noticed and they are not necessarily good value on all stock.

They are creation watches for sure. Their domain is registered to Redsol PTE Limited.

Eoin wrote: »
    They are creation watches for sure. Their domain is registered to Redsol PTE Limited.

They are Creation and the watches are sent from Singapore.
    I ordered from them and watch arrived in 5 days. Customs charged me vat. Even with tbe 23% and DHL's €14.50 fee it still cost me under half of the price in shops here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Is it easy to pay the vat on your own, without going through DHL or UPS?

Advertisement