Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three mobile broadband

Options
  • 05-12-2018 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Anyone know if the trick of using a normal three phone sim with the 20 euro all you can eat data still works in mobile broadband modems?
    I know it used to in the past but need to see if they've fixed this or not :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

It definitely works. I've been on it for the last couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    It definitely works. I've been on it for the last couple of years.

Yep it still works until fibre to the home is available where I live it's the best service I can get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Excellent. Thanks for your help guys, I used to do the same myself when I was in the country :)

Great to hear its not been fixed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

Yep, it works, I do this too.

The same as Kevo, it's the best service that is available to me, where I live.
    As Eir DSL / Fibre isn't coming. Too far out in the sticks...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭firkin

Can you use the broandband APN `3internet` or are you stuck with mobile APN `3ireland.ie`?

• Advertisement

Where's the €20/month offer?
    I can only find €30/month, SIM only, unlimited data.
    But that's no better than the standard broadband deal: €30/month unlimited data too?

20 for 28 days is a pay as you go sim with all you can eat data. Goes in your 3G/4G device and works the same.

Ahh right, pay as you go.
    I was only looking at bill pay.
    Weird, I thought pay as you go would be penalised with a higher price as the cost for not having a contract and vice versa. Guess I was wrong

Any idea on the APNs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

firkin wrote: »
    Any idea on the APNs?

you can use the 3internet ok

• Advertisement

Well to be honest I've used 3ireland.ie 3internet 3broadband.ie and haven't noticed a difference in speeds

kevovek wrote: »
    Well to be honest I've used 3ireland.ie 3internet 3broadband.ie and haven't noticed a difference in speeds

I think they censor the mobile APN and you can't torrent on it either.

Edit: they do censor it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

firkin wrote: »
    I think they censor the mobile APN and you can't torrent on it either.

Edit: they do censor it.

Depends. What three did a few years back and probably a few times since is change how there new SIM cards were set up.

An old pay as you go 3 SIM would work for internet or phone, will do both APN's with no restrictions on torrenting and no censorship.

Eventually 3 provisioned their prepay SIM cards so they are for internet use or for phone use not both, thats when the complications started to arise.

Most prepay SIMs can use both APN's and the 3internet APN has never had any censorship related to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Thinking about getting 3 PAYG while I wait for broadband to be installed in my estate.

Would the PAYG offer be ok for SkyQ , Netflix and YouTube streaming?

Advertisement