Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 1 2018 - Round 20 – Brasil

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Harika wrote: »
    Legendary lap by leclerc

He's a superstar, bring on next year. Vettel should be very worried

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Vettel in trouble with the stewards after the weighing incident. Apparently he's broken the scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Well, Seb managed to destroy the weigh scales by driving off of it and is going to be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Vettel in bother

Broke the weighing scales by driving off it instead of being pushed off it. Refused to turned the car off while being weighed aswell according to sky.

Possible penalty is DQ from qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

skipper_G wrote: »
    Hamilton might end up with a penalty for either of those 2 incidents. The Sirotkin one was a very close call, could have been a huge shunt

Slam dunk 3 place penalty for the Sirotkin incident. Unintentional, but if it were the other way around I'd expect Sirotkin penalised so fair is fair.
    Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Vettel in bother

Broke the weighing scales by driving off it instead of being pushed off it. Refused to turned the car off while being weighed aswell according to sky.

Possible penalty is DQ from qualifying.

OOohhh. Bad form bringing him in at that moment though.

• Advertisement

If Vettel gets a penalty he only has himself to blame, he should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Should be Bottas starting first after Hamilton and Vettel get penalties

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Should be Bottas starting first after Hamilton and Vettel get penalties

Prefer Kimi to nail pole & take the win

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Sky saying Lewis' won't be looked into. Crazy bias if they don't. Shows how much they want to keep Mercedes happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Hamilton is a law unto himself, you can be sure if the reverse happened Sirotkin would be penalised.

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote: »
    Sky saying Lewis' won't be looked into. Crazy bias if they don't. Shows how much they want to keep Mercedes happy

That’s unacceptable if true, as someone else mentioned if the roles were reversed Sirotkin would have a definite penalty.

That’s unacceptable if true, as someone else mentioned if the roles were reversed Sirotkin would have a definite penalty.

They didn't say it won't be looked into, they said there's no indication it's being looked at yet. Talk about bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

More Mercedes / Sky bias when Mr DiResta asked Vettel about the weigh bridge incident and said sweet FA to Hamilton about side swiping Sirotkin. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Inviere wrote: »
    They didn't say it won't be looked into, they said there's no indication it's being looked at yet. Talk about bias.

Bias from me or the stewards?

More Mercedes / Sky bias when Mr DiResta asked Vettel about the weigh bridge incident and said sweet FA to Hamilton about side swiping Sirotkin. :rolleyes:

Vettel had been called to the stewards office by then, Lewis hadn't. Is there an element of not wanting to influence a stewards decision? I'd agree with Seb though, it was a nuts moment to bring him in and do a weight check.

Thanks for clarifying, I changed over to the rugby so didn't hear it for myself. Hopefully it is looked at, I have a massive gripe with the disparity in how rules are applied to the big teams and small teams. Goes back to Kimi smashing into Sutil in Monaco.

Thanks for clarifying, I changed over to the rugby so didn't hear it for myself. Hopefully it is looked at, I have a massive gripe with the disparity in how rules are applied to the big teams and small teams. Goes back to Kimi smashing into Sutil in Monaco.

Same, it's a slam dunk 3 place penalty in my books (for the Sirotkin incident, I think the Kimi incident is of much lesser note). I don't think it's fair to hold different drivers to different rules.

Apparently Sky Italia are saying Lewis won't be penalised because Sirotkin was on an out lap...can anyone confirm? I thought he was on a timed lap myself. Still, should it not be reviewed under the potential dangers of the move, rather than how inconvenienced someone was?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Apparently Sky Italia are saying Lewis won't be penalised because Sirotkin was on an out lap...can anyone confirm? I thought he was on a timed lap myself. Still, should it not be reviewed under the potential dangers of the move, rather than how inconvenienced someone was?

Apparently he was on an out lap,
    BUT
    It was till a dangerous move by lewis,
    Ans absolute nonsense what was done to Vettel.
    I suppose the FIA knew Vettel had pole and just wanted to upset him before his run.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

Update: Vettel fined €25 grand and reprimanded but as he did turn engine off and they did get car weight no disqualification. We have a race tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Harika wrote: »
    Update: Vettel fined €25 grand and reprimanded but as he did turn engine off and they did get car weight no disqualification. We have a race tomorrow!

Amazing how arrogant Hamilton is towards Sirotkin. If they hammered Vettel them they would have caused controversy by letting Hamilton off the hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭chicorytip

vectra wrote:
    Apparently he was on an out lap, BUT It was till a dangerous move by lewis, Ans absolute nonsense what was done to Vettel. I suppose the FIA knew Vettel had pole and just wanted to upset him before his run.

Wrong on both counts. Siroktin should never have been in the position he was in. He was on an outlap and should have left sufficient space to the car in front nevermind actually overtaking. This is standard practice. Vettel was just being Idiotic, throwing one of his hissy fits. The cars engine must be switched off whilst on the scale. His ill tempered antics could have resulted in a marshal being injured. Throw the book at him!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Did Vettel not get done for dangerously impeding Sainz in Austria during Qualifying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭kksaints

I don't get this tbh. What Lewis did was very risky and out lap or not could have been dangerous. Also if what type of lap it is makes a difference then there should be no penalties for anything that happens in the practice sessions as they don't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭BikeRacer

Thank jebus the drivers championship is already decided otherwise this place would be in meltdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Hamilton accusing Sirotkin of being disrespectful. Hamilton should have got a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Hamilton's dive left on Sirotkin was shocking. If it had been Verstappen who'd done it then he'd be getting lambasted. Basic driving: Mirror, Signal, Mirror, Manoeuvre. Ok, no signal in F1, but mirror yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Was this not on the final turn before the main straight? If so, it's right where you need to transition to race speed and being impeded there would indeed affect your flying lap time, not to mention debris from having two wheels off the track. I don't see how it being an outlap matters if this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,026 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I think Hamiltons a bit lucky. He didn't impede a flying lap, so I think that helped. Would have been a bit messy if hit each other

Vettel didn't do himself any favours, I think lucky not to get a grid penalty

• Advertisement

it's right where you need to transition to race speed

You could similarly argue it was poor form of Sirotkin to pass a car there which was about to go onto a flying lap. Having read Lewis' comments, I feel Sergey broke with standard etiquette regards drivers ahead who are building gaps, something they generally all adhere to.

Glad Seb wasn't affected by the penalty re the weigh in...we've a proper fight on tomorrow.

Advertisement