Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018 - Round 19 – Mexico

Options
  • 24-10-2018 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭

Back to Mexico after a very exciting Austin race. Mexico was last year a good space for RedBull, but not Renault engines in general.

Realistically the championship will be decided this race. Hamilton needs a seventh place or better to finalise it whatever Vettel does and if Vettel doesn’t win it is over anyway.

Some classic race

DqHKNcHV4AAiE0B.jpg:small

All sessions on Sky F1 and the Online Service
    Friday October 26 Free Practice 1, 16:00-17:30
    Friday October 26, FP2, 20:00-21:30
    Saturday October 27, FP3, 16:00-17:00
    Saturday October 27, Qualifying, 19:00-20:00
    Sunday October 28, Race, 19:10-21:10
    Sunday October 28, Highlights on C4, 23:00-01:30

Predictions:
    Hamilton Win
    Hamilton WDC
    Renault engine BBQ
    Honda points

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,251 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Ricardo on the podium.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Only had a look now but qualifying for the Mexican Grand Prix is on Eir Sports 2 instead of 1, FP1 and 2 and the race are all on 1. No coverage of FP3.
    Channel 4 qualifying highlights air at 10pm on Saturday, race highlights from 11pm on Sunday.

I'm backing Ricciardo for a win.

Apparently Kimi and Verstappen are running with a new floor while Vettel and Ricciardo are using the old floor. Both teams want to compare each one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Looks like Merc may well struggle this weekend based on First Practice, should make for an interesting race, Renaults and Red Bull looking very decent. We could see the race very nicely mixed up, hard to see Hamilton failing to win the title mind, Ferrari don't look much better and Vettel has to win even if Hamilton finished lower than 7th which is unlikely.

• Advertisement

Gasly has a new engine 15 place grid penalty.

Grosjean is already carry 3 place penalty from his bump with Leclerc.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Eir dont seem to have FP2 on either!

I have to say, I really enjoy all the driver helmet camera channels. No commentary, just the on car camera for all their driving! Pure sound

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Merc seem to be absolutely nowhere. Red Bull look amazing despite Verstappen's breakdown, if Honda keep improving over the summer they could certainly contest next season with a half decent engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

antodeco wrote: »

I have to say, I really enjoy all the driver helmet camera channels. No commentary, just the on car camera for all their driving! Pure sound
    FP2 was on eir sport 1.

Nice to see the teams bringing loads of hypers that turn to chewing gum after 10 laps. And there's not very many other tyres for the teams to use. I expect qualy and FP3 to have limited running on anything other than hypers. Q2 will see as many top ten drivers trying not to be on hypers for setting a fast time. But Q3 should see just one mega lap.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

antodeco wrote: »

I was out but my Eir TV box picked up FP2 on Eir Sports 1 just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

flazio wrote: »
    I was out but my Eir TV box picked up FP2 on Eir Sports 1 just fine.

Weird. Want Viking up for me online. May just have been the online stream not showing it!

I'm not sure, sorry.
    Meanwhile, just checking the time for qualifying on Eir Sport 2, I know I said live but according to my Eir box, they are watching Ulster v Dragons rugby until 7pm (qualifying starts at 7) then an Eir Sports extra filler for 15 minutes and then coverage starts at 7:15 until 8.30. I'm not sure if they'll just crash in as the session is underway or if it'll be on a delay but it's something to watch out for when you turn on your TV at 7 looking for qualifying coverage

They need to do an eir sport F1 channel... there's too much messing with the important stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Inquitus wrote: »
    Merc seem to be absolutely nowhere. Red Bull look amazing despite Verstappen's breakdown, if Honda keep improving over the summer they could certainly contest next season with a half decent engine.

You do mean the winter I take. Summer has come and gone.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

Quite the beautiful irony this morning. Normally Renault powered teams are concerned about Merc & Ferrari cranking it up on Saturday. Today, they’re worried they’ll have figured out how much to turn it down to stop them lunching through their tyres. Oh. And it’s going to rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Inviere

Johnny Herbert walking around a Mexican market shopping for a sombrero. Sky F1, pure value for money :rolleyes: Ch4 puts the whole Sky operation to absolute shame

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The Gold Leaf Lotus is beautiful.

Bottas engine shát itself in practice BUT he avoids any penalty as he is just going back to his Austin engine.

Seems like a good idea to not qualify in the top 10 for the smaller teams

Oh sweet revenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Excellent stuff from Redbull

Savage Danny Ric. Mighty lap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Grid looks very interesting for tomorrow.

I predict a Ricciardo DNF or a big wreck at the front at the start.

Going to be dynamite

flazio wrote: »

I'm backing Ricciardo for a win.
    Times like this I wish I was a betting man.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Ricardo on the podium.

I’m still on track too Flazio!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,658 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just watched the qualifying there on channel 4 now. Wow that was an exciting qualifying season. Delighted for Danial Ricciardo. Great to see someone instead of Lewis on pole.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Is the race on at 1910 or 1810 due to the clock change?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Is the race on at 1910 or 1810 due to the clock change?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Hamilton out at the start would be brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭Inviere

Shane732 wrote: »
    Hamilton out at the start would be brilliant

Sneaky suspicion this could happen, it's going to be a very fiery first lap from the top 4....they all want the win badly enough.

Advertisement