Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glencoaghan Horseshoe.. possible to take easier route?

Options
  • 23-10-2018 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

A friend of mine says he is up for doing this with me. He's done Coumloughra horseshoe with me before, but I want to know is it possible to 'bug out' and take an easy route back to the start? in case he doesnt feel like doing 100's more M of climbing

I'm thinking it ,may not be as the land in the valley is probably extremely marshy + there may be cliffs.

Blue and red lines are 'bugout' routes I am asking are possible

image.png
    alumina formula

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭tphase

On your red bugout route, I'd drop from Bengower rather than the saddle after it, aiming to end up at the farm about a km or so to the east of the hostel

The blue bugout route may be more pain than it's worth if you get it wrong, with possibly cliffs and boggy ground. Never tried it though I was once tempted - my partner convince me to slog it out for the last 3 peaks
    Check montainvews.ie - https://mountainviews.ie/track/3205/

Also, you could do the route anti-clockwise so the scee slopes are downhill

Advertisement